Last night, Kit Harington aka Jon Snow himself hosted Saturday Night Live. It’s no surprise that SNL would throw him into a Game of Thrones sketch, but Harington played a small part in what was a pretty extensive spoof of GOT spin-offs, sequels, and reboots.
We first see Harington in a Riverdale spoof, Castle Black, which sees the brooding King of the North in a clandestine relationship with a White Walker, played by Heidi Gardner. It’s followed by a Daria spoof, with an animated Arya stabbing her high school classmates in the neck with her sword. I would, no joke, watch an entire series of this show.
we also get a King of Queens spoof starring Sam and Gilly in “The Queen of King’s Landing”, as well as several GOT-themed spin-offs like The Marvelous Mrs. Melisandre, Cersei and the City, RuPaul’s Dragon Race, No Ballers, and Wildling Out, which features Wildlings going head to head in rap battles. There’s even something for the kids, with Paw Patrol spin-off Dire Guys and a PeeWee’s Playhouse style show starring Hodor.
But the best moment in the sketch comes from Game of Thrones: Special Victims Unit, which features Mariska Hargitay and Ice-T investigating a brutal murder. The duo kill it with their regular crime scene banter, as Hargitay remains nonplussed as Ice-T rattles off the various awful things that happened to the body.
Harington also got some GOT jokes in during the monologue, which featured cast members Emilia Clarke, John Bradley, and Harington’s real-life wife Rose Leslie asking him questions about the show. Emilia Clarke wanted to know how the show ends, since she didn’t remember. She also reminded him about their sex scene at the end of season six, asking “did you know they filmed that?” Both Bradley (Samwell Tarly) and Pete Davidson as the Night King wanted to know if they would still be hanging out now that the show’s over.
But the best joke came from Leslie, who played Ygritte on the series. Leslie didn’t care how the show ended, saying “I’m not a nerd”, before asking him what they would do for money now that GOT is over. Leslie says, “You keep telling me, ‘I’m the King of the North, we can order Uber Eats every night!’”, with Harington assuring her that his jewelry making business is about to take off.
Overall, Harington did a fine job on the show, and appeared to enjoy letting lose after playing what is probably the most humorless character on television. What did you think of his hosting gig?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
- Free ESPN TV Monday Night Football NFL Game on a Computer Online-Watch 4500 Channels
- New Game of Thrones to show off ‘spectactular’Fermanagh
- Woody Harrelson plays a gay Joe Biden who kisses Anderson Cooper while Billy Porter emcees in hilarious SNL spoof of CNN LGBTQ town hall
- Mindhunter: 5 TV shows to watch if you loved the Netflix series
- Free FOX Television this years NFL Football 2011 Games on a Computer Online –Watch 3500 channels
- 10 TV shows to watch in October
- TV guide: 15 of the best shows to watch this week
- Elizabeth Olsen forgot that she auditioned for Emilia Clarke's Daenerys Targaryen role in hit HBO series Game of Thrones
- A tasty Catalan treat! The city of Girona is steeped in history and delicious delicacies - and is home to a cathedral Game of Thrones fans will definitely recognise
- 'My dad didn't see him for many years': Game of Thrones star Sean Bean pays homage to his late grandfather in the new BBC series World On Fire