PUBLISHED: 09:37 15 April 2019 | UPDATED: 09:55 15 April 2019
Forensic van on scene at Brooke murder. PIC: Peter Walsh.
A man is due to appear in court today charged with the murder of his wife in Brooke.
Police were called to a property in Churchill Place, at around 10.30am on Sunday, September 23 last year following reports a woman had been stabbed.
A Home Office post mortem examination concluded the woman, Frances Hubbard, 76, died as a result of multiple stab wounds.
A man, her husband Michael, was arrested by police following the incident but was later released from custody and detained under the Mental Health Act.
But Michael Hubbard, 81, now of the Norvic Clinic, St Andrews Business Park, Norwich, has now been charged with the murder of Hilda Hubbard and is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court today (Monday, April 15).
Following the stabbing, flowers were outside the bungalow, one of which had a note which read: “Be at peace dear Frances X.”
- Man and woman to face court over murders of two boys
- Sheffield mum appears in court charged with murder of two sons
- Mum appears in court charged with murder of two sons
- Man and woman charged after two teenage boys die in Sheffield
- Pair charged over incident at Sheffield house
- Two people charged after 'serious incident' at Sheffield house
- Man and woman charged after two boys die in Sheffield
- Man charged with ex-councillor's murder
- 1 year on: The horrific murder of midwife Samantha Eastwood
- The 16 people who have been in court in Hull this week