According to a KGW-TV, the Portland NBC affiliate, longtime news director Rick Jacobs is leaving his position later this month. In an announcement today, Jacobs is quoted as saying it’s been “a tremendous honor” to help lead the KGW news team for 20 years. “KGW has one of the best reputations in the business because of our people who care deeply about the quality journalism that we do every day,” Jacobs says in the release. “I feel really lucky to have been part of KGW for so long and I truly believe I’m leaving one of the best teams of journalists in the country.”Jacobs, the release says, “plans to travel with his wife, spend more time with his children and grandchildren and volunteer. He will also serve as an appointed member of The University of Oregon’s Journalism Advisory Board.”The release says that Jacobs, who graduated from San Francisco State University, joined KGW as assistant news director more than 20 years ago, and was named news director in 2011. Before coming to KGW, Jacobs worked as a reporter and anchor in Medford, and also worked in Portland and Eugene before joining KGW.Jacobs’ departure is the latest in a series of changes… Read full this story
- Director of new BBC drama blames Brexit for not being able to film abroad
- Actress Paula Malcomson on coming home for Belfast-based TV blockbuster
- Now TV is launching its first streaming stick
- Pretty Woman director Garry Marshall dies aged 81
- Gemma Collins and Danniella Westbrook 'to undergo therapy on new TV show'
- TV presenter Ant McPartlin charged with drink-driving
- Trump picks TV commentator Kudlow to succeed Cohn as economic adviser
- Six months later, Texas man still missing after disappearing on foot
- Young undertaker to be featured on TV
- The best films on TV this Christmas
Longtime KGW-TV news director is leaving this month have 293 words, post on www.oregonlive.com at April 9, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.