Seth Meyers on Late Night. Photo: NBC Big news last night! Or was it? The Mueller report is out in its redacted form, and nobody can agree on what that means or what happens next. Some see grounds for impeachment; others see total vindication of the president. All the blacked-out bits must make the report look like a Rorschach test because everyone has their own interpretation. How do you make sense of such a moment if you’re a late-night host? A Rolling Stones song parody, duh. Jimmy Fallon redid the words of “Satisfaction” on The Tonight Show to vent his frustration at what’s missing from the Mueller report. I think? There’s plenty of damning info within the redacted report, so it’s unclear why Fallon can’t take no more redaction. Is it an easy word-replace job because the scansion fits, or does Fallon really resent the obfuscation surrounding the report? Die-hard Trump supporters aren’t going to believe that the report demands impeachment, no matter what it says. The nature of truth, our shared reality, is a matter of partisan debate nowadays. When we’re in psychic free fall, it’s important to find at least one thing to ground one’s reality. Maybe Fallon… Read full this story
- Trump, in a Mother's Day tweetstorm, says NBC's Chuck Todd should be fired over edited interview clip
- Trump wants FBI’s original ‘302’ report on Flynn case, says former adviser 'persecuted'
- AG Bill Barr insists he is NOT doing Trump's bidding by dropping charges against Mike Flynn and says 'history is written by the winners' as the general posts pic of his grandson saying 'justice for all'
- Donald Trump unloads on his critics again claiming 'dirty cops and politicians' will 'pay a big price' for dropped prosecution of Mike Flynn - and says 'I learned a lot from Richard Nixon - don't fire people!'
- Storm builds around Barr over dropping of Flynn case
- Devin Nunes Went Rogue to Find Out Who Paid for Trump-Russia Dossier, Firm Claims
- Trump, in exclusive interview, speaks on Acosta, reveals Obama's private guidance on greatest US threat
- LORD: The Liberal Media’s Credibility Crashes
- Sukhumi in the spotlight: hope amid the ruins of a pro-Russian breakaway state
- What Happened to America’s Mayor?
Late Night’s Report on the Mueller Report have 372 words, post on www.vulture.com at April 19, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.