IRISH ISIS bride Lisa Smith has insisted she’s “not out to kill anyone” as she begs to return home with her young daughter. The former soldier, 37, claimed she “never owned a rifle” and did not fight for the terror group during her four years in Syria. She was detained by US troops in northern Syria last month on suspicion of supporting the terror group. Smith has previously spent a decade as a soldier in the Irish Army and then the Air Corps – evening serving former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern on the Government jet. When asked if she had fought for ISIS, she said: “No, I didn’t do anything, I never even owned a rifle, I didn’t even own a gun. I didn’t teach them anything. “I think anyone that knows me, you know in the army or outside the army or anywhere in my life, will know that, they know me, that I wouldn’t pick up the weapon and fight and stuff like that.She left her home in Dundalk, Co Louth, and first moved to Tunisia before making the journey to Syria in 2015, where she married an ISIS sympathiser who later died fighting. Lisa wants to return to… Read full this story
- ISIS bride Lisa Smith may go free as US moves troops out of Syria
- Gardaí confirm 'criminal investigation' into possible terrorist offences by ISIS bride Lisa Smith
- 'Comprehensive' terror file due on Lisa Smith, says security chief,
- Dozens of ISIS brides 'to flood back into Britain' after being captured in Syria
- As suspected El Paso gunman set to appear in court, survivor says she's 'trying to forget that evil'
- As suspected El Paso gunman set to appear in court, survivor says she's 'trying to forget'
- Lisa Armstrong ‘says her dog Hurley has her back’ at 3am on day of divorce from Ant McPartlin, as she likes tweet from fan
- Moment ISIS bride's children are reunited with dad after she abducted them
- Sheridan Smith reveals ‘massive meltdown’ after dad’s death but says she’s happy again thanks to toyboy fiance
- Dubai says missing princess 'safe at home' after attempted escape
Irish ISIS bride Lisa Smith says she’s ‘not out to kill anyone’ as she begs to return home with her daughter have 349 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 7, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.