Hundreds of Tesco jobs in Northern Ireland at risk as cuts loom on counters BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Up to 300 jobs at Tesco stores around Northern Ireland could be hit as the grocery giant confirmed it is cutting back on services like its deli, fish and meat counters. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/hundreds-of-tesco-jobs-in-northern-ireland-at-risk-as-cuts-loom-on-counters-38040400.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/article38040523.ece/62da4/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_2d663f32-7167-4e93-82d8-3b7acafa4604_1 Email Up to 300 jobs at Tesco stores around Northern Ireland could be hit as the grocery giant confirmed it is cutting back on services like its deli, fish and meat counters. And a Tesco superstore in Ballymena, Co Antrim is one of the first to be affected, with the loss of around 15 jobs. There are a total of 50 Tescos around Northern Ireland, including up to 20 larger-format superstores and Tesco Extras, which include additional counter services. A spokesman confirmed that the Ballymena superstore’s butchery counter would now open just three days a week. Northern Ireland had been expected to escape the cuts, which were announced by Tesco as part of a major overhaul in January. A spokesman said the cutbacks were a “business change” which was being made because shoppers were using the counters less frequently. Tesco said it was “looking to redeploy around half of all affected employees”,… Read full this story
- Do the right thing for the people of Northern Ireland, Smith tells party leaders
- 167 reports of sextortion in Northern Ireland last year
- Brexit: How would no-deal affect Northern Ireland?
- Northern Ireland care home safety can't be guaranteed for residents, says NHS whistleblower
- Boris Johnson Brexit plan 'risks damaging Northern Ireland economy'
- No decision on whether to cut MLAs’ pay – Northern Ireland Secretary
- Meet the hero lifeguards who will be patrolling Northern Ireland's beaches this summer
- Abortion law in Northern Ireland set to change
- 'Abhorrent' threat made against staff at Northern Ireland exams body CCEA
- 70 killed as a result of farming accidents in Northern Ireland over last decade
Hundreds of Tesco jobs in Northern Ireland at risk as cuts loom on counters have 345 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at April 23, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.