Jeff Potrykus Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Published 7:21 AM EDT Apr 6, 2019 Dick Bennett stood nearby and beamed as his son, Tony, climbed the ladder, just as the elder Bennett had done 19 years earlier in Albuquerque after guiding the Wisconsin basketball program to its first Final Four since 1941. When Tony Bennett reached the top step last week in Louisville, he cut down the net, just as his father had done nearly two decades earlier, this time guiding Virginia’s program to the NCAA South Region title and heights it hadn’t reached since 1984. The normally reserved son then caught his father off guard. Bennett, 49, grabbed the net with his left hand and twirled it in the air. He thrust both hands toward the ceiling of the KFC Yum! Center and yelled with a mix of joy, satisfaction and relief. One year after becoming the first coach of a No. 1-seeded team to lose to a No. 16 team – with critics wondering whether his system based on stifling defense and methodical offense could survive in March – Bennett was near the zenith of his profession. “That is the most excited or the most demonstrative that I’ve seen him,” Dick, 75, said by… Read full this story
- Tony-winning playwright Terrence McNally dies from coronavirus complications at 81
- Final Destination at 20: the bleakest teen horror film ever made
- Microsoft may finally kill the legacy Control Panel in Windows 10
- No. 22 Virginia wins another close one, beating Miami 46-44
- Hollywood Remembers Doris Day: Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Goldie Hawn Sing Icon’s Praises
- 'Council of Dads' really, really wants to be the next 'This is Us'
- Christian Bale joins his wife Sibi and son Joseph for a scooter ride through their neighborhood to get some fresh air amid the COVID-19 lockdown
- 'It's all very amicable': Richard Wilkins SPLITS from girlfriend Virginia Burmeister after two years - as he reveals 'bizarre' coronavirus diagnosis
- Northam closes Virginia schools amid coronavirus outbreak
- Tony Blair slaps down David Cameron over Lynton Crosby comparison
Final Four: Virginia's Tony Bennett has dad on another Final Four ride have 334 words, post on eu.usatoday.com at April 2, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.