For the first time since ever, a classic Final Fantasy game is coming to current-gen consoles that is not the PlayStation.
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster is now available to play on the Xbox One and the Nintendo Switch. The high-definition take on the series two classic games was originally released four years ago on the PS4, and even before that as a PS3 title. It seems that Square Enix is adamant about releasing these two games to every modern console, and it’s not hard to see why.
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster combines two games, X and X-2, and both tell the story of Tidus and Yuna. Both games are some of the most beloved in the entire series. X features Tidus, a star blitzball player, who meets the young summoner Yuna and joins her on a mission to save the world from destruction by a monster named Sin. X-2 picks up the story two years later, as Yuna and her companions Rikku and Paine deal with the resulting fallout from X.
The high-definition remaster for both games also include several quality-of-life improvements, in addition to new textures and updated models. It is also special in its way that the direct sequel is packaged in with the first game, making this quite a two-for-one deal. Then again, you can argue that in order to really immerse yourself in the story you need to be able to play both games.
The Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster also includes several bonuses that fans might have not experienced before. There’s an added short film called Eternal Calm, which bridges the timelines of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2. The short’s focus is on Yuna and provides some backstory that neatly ties into the whole feel of the games.
The game also includes the widely detested Final Fantasy X -Wish-, a kind of what-were-they-thinking 30-minute audio drama that basically retcons the whole story of X. Any good Final Fantasy fan will tell you to stay away from this one, and instead just play the also included Final Fantasy X-2 Last Mission, a neat little roguelike that eschews turn-based combat for something different.
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster is only available for digital purchase on the Xbox One, while a retail version in addition to a digital one is available for the Nintendo Switch. Both are available for purchase now at $49.99.
- Final Fantasy XI - What is Keeping People Playing?
- PS3 VS XBOX 360 - Exclusive Games for 2008!
- Nintendo GameCube Walkthroughs
- Top New Games Out For Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- October 13-19, 2019
- Must Read Game System Review of the Xbox 360, Sony Playstaion 3 and the Nintendo Wii Before You Buy
- Video Game Technology Makes Better Use Of TV
- Why I Think The XBox 360 Is Better Than PS3
- XBox 360 Premium - A New Form of Indoor Gaming
- Free Nintendo DS With Mobile Phones - Enjoy Two High-End Gadgets For Price of One!
- 10 Easy Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Home Theater System
- PS3's Uphill Battle
- Netflix's The Witcher: Release date, cast and everything else we know
- Fortnite Chapter 2 has a new map and other major changes following the black hole event
- PS3 Review
- Counting Down the Top Ten Video Games Ever Made - EVER!
- The Console War
- From Atari to Wii - The Boom in Gaming
- Blu-ray Players - Movies and Home Theater - All You Need to Know
- The Online Goldmine - Buying Used Video Games Online
- How Disney+ Compares to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Makes Its Way To The Xbox One And Nintendo Switch have 975 words, post on www.player.one at April 17, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.