‘Dangerously high’ levels of air pollution found in Northern Ireland BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Poisonous air across Northern Ireland is contributing to illness and early death for many people, it has been claimed. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dangerously-high-levels-of-air-pollution-found-in-northern-ireland-38060370.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/article38060366.ece/543cf/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_4b990183-70cd-42e3-88ec-9e304beedebe_1 Email Poisonous air across Northern Ireland is contributing to illness and early death for many people, it has been claimed. The stark warning comes as an investigation into air quality in Belfast revealed “dangerously high” levels of pollutants. Levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) were so high in some areas that it breached legal limits at 30 sites across the city. An environmental group monitored levels of NO2 for several weeks, providing a snapshot of NO2 pollution. NO2 is a toxic gas which inflames the lining of the lungs. The results found levels of NO2 pollution breaching legal limits at 30 sites across Belfast and North Down. The group claimed that particularly high readings were recorded outside the Royal Victoria Hospital and at the Belfast Metropolitan College Millfield Campus. The legal annual limit for NO2 is 40 micrograms per cubic metre, however there are no safe levels of exposure to air pollution. The air quality samples were collected using diffusion tubes situated at over 100 sites then processed and… Read full this story
- Northern Ireland abortion law in breach of human rights commitments
- Former Northern Ireland secretary: 'Boris Johnson is in the pocket of DUP'
- Johnson in new court showdown as Europe brands his Northern Ireland Brexit plans ‘unconvincing’
- Environmental Regulation Has Helped Cut Deaths From Air Pollution in Half, Study Finds
- High Court in Northern Ireland rules abortion ban violates human rights
- London gets world's first 24-hour air pollution charge zone
- Northern Ireland abortion law breaches human rights - high court
- Northern Ireland abortion law breaches human rights, high court rules
- European perspective: Royal Portrush, Northern Ireland ready to shine for British Open
- St Johnstone winger Matthew Kennedy receives first Northern Ireland call-up
‘Dangerously high’ levels of air pollution found in Northern Ireland have 345 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.