The amazing Oprah Winfrey will be honored at the inaugural Empowerment in Entertainment Gala on April 30 at Milk Studios. The media mogul and actress will be awarded the first ever Empowerment in Entertainment Award by multiple Grammy-winning musician Alicia Keys for her decades-long work as a champion and fierce advocate for inclusion in the industry. In addition, the event, sponsored by the Hollywood Reporter, will spotlight 50 “agents of change” at the ceremony and in the pages of the Reporter. Actress and singer Selena Gomez will introduce the formal launch of the Young Executives Fellowship program, an initiative aiming to form a pipeline for teens from underserved communities in South and East L.A. to become future leaders in the film, TV and music business. Academy Award nominee Kumail Nanjiani will give opening remarks with CNN’s Don Lemon delivering the keynote address. Recognizing individuals who have created opportunities for people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community and other emerging voices in the industry, the gala is presented by WME with platinum sponsor Amazon Studios. The event is also sponsored by eOne, IMAX, OWN and Starz. THE ROYAL TREATMENT: “The Beautiful Ones,” described as an exquisite memoir Prince began… Read full this story
- Ciara Talks New Album 'Beauty Marks,' Being Inspired by Oprah at the BBMAs: Watch
- Meghan Markle received a ‘master class’ from Queen Elizabeth before leaving royal family, book claims
- Gael Garcia Bernal: Trump’s Rhetoric Inspires People to ‘Take Matters Into Their Own Hands’
- Winfrey picks Isabel Wilkerson’s ‘Caste’ for her book club
- Wait, How Is the Weinstein Company Worth Nearly $500 Million?
- Dharmendra recalls his bond with Dilip Kumar
- Meghan Markle’s faith in God got her through the ‘darkest moments’ of her life, book claims
- Octavia Spencer on How C.J. Walker Was "Able to Achieve So Much When the World Told Her She Had No Value"
- Lady Gaga scratched Ariana Grande's eye on accident while prepping 'Rain On Me' video
- What Happened When Bill Murray Was Honored at the Kennedy Center
BILL VAUGHAN’S TASTY CLIPS: Oprah to receive first Empowerment in Entertainment Award have 333 words, post on wavenewspapers.com at April 25, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.