Big wheels keep on turning, and the 32nd annual Houston Art Car Parade, powered by The Orange Show Center for Visionary Art, will keep on burning up the downtown streets Saturday. Unicycles riders, roller skaters, car drivers and operators for anything with a wheel will show off their artsy side for, arguably, the funkiest parade in the city.”The Houston Art Car Parade has become one of the city’s most beloved annual events, representing our inherent ingenuity and community spirit while providing a forum for artists of all walks of life to showcase their artistic creativity,” said Parade Committee Co-Chairs and Orange Show Center for Visionary Art Board Members Don Mafrige, Jr. and Tracy Levit Larner in a released statement.A Kids Creative Zone and The Lineup Party, a pre-event shindig, kicks off at 11 a.m. at Sam Houston Park and Sabine Street and Allen Parkway (respectively), followed by the VIPit Experience at noon at Hermann Square at City Hall (900 Smith Street) with food and beverages and reserved shaded seating. Then, the parade of wacky contraptions, mobile monsters and modified vehicles takes to the streets at 2 p.m.Starting near Allen Parkway and Bagby Street, the parade will head east into downtown…. Read full this story
- Colorado Creatives Redux: Sarah Rockett
- Minneapolis MayDay Parade will take a year off to regroup
- Want to build an art career in Buffalo?
- Need for speed: how cars have inspired modern art
- Top ways to get involved with the art scene in Eugene
- Art works are teddy bears for grown-ups, says collector
- The art of selling art: Young artists navigate the digital world
- This Tiny Doors art project is making a big impact in and outside of Atlanta
- Tiny Doors art project making a big impact in and outside of Atlanta
- Provocative artists rebury remains of refugee
Art Car Parade Puts Wheels In Motion For Creative Minds, Upcoming Artists have 296 words, post on www.houstonpress.com at April 11, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.