Semana Santa, April 14-21Photo: Cristina Quicler / AFP
SportsConde Godó Trophy, Barcelona, April 20-28
Photo: Josep Lago / AFP
EDP Rock ‘n’ Roll, Madrid, April 27
Photo: Pierre-Philppe Marcou / AFP
Arts and Culture
Alberto Giacometti en el Museo del Prado, Madrid, April 2 – July 7Photo: Hans Olofsson / Flickr
A Backward Glance: Giorgio Morandi and the Old Masters, Bilbao, April 12 – October 6Photo: Pedro Ribeiro Simões / Flickr
Premio Miguel de Cervantes, Alcalá de Henares, April 23Photo: Juan Carlos Hidalgo / POOL / AFP
El Tren de la Fresa Aranjuez, April 13 and other datesPhoto: AYUNTAMENTO DE ARANJUEZ DELEGACION DE TURISMO / Flickr
El día de Sant Jordi Barcelona and Catalonia, April 23Photo: AFP
MULAFEST Madrid, April 26-28Photo: Fernando R. Ortega / Flickr
Since its opening in 2012, MULAFEST has brought the best of Spain’s urban culture together; whether you want to assist to a breakdance show or get a tattoo, MULAFEST’s underground and creative character is on display.
Festival de Senderismo, La Palma, April 27-30
The Festival de Senderismo (the trekking festival) will bring aficionados of the sport to La Palma, one of the main islands within the Canary Islands archipelago. Amongst the most recommended routes, there is the ruta de los grandes acantilados (the big cliffs’ route), the ruta del ron (the rum’s route) and the ruta de la Capilla Sixtina del Atlántico (the route of the Atlantic’s Sistine Chapel).
2019 General Elections, April 28Photo: Oscar Del Pozo / AFP
On Sunday 28th, Spaniards will be asked to vote in the general elections – the third in four years. The decision’s to hold another election was due to the Parliament’s rejection of Sanchez’s government’s spending plan for 2019. The main actors are still Sanchez’s PSOE versus Casado’s PP, but far-right VOX could perform well at the polling stations.
By Ilaria Grasso Macola / The Local
- Microsoft delivers lengthy list of fixes for April 2018 Update PCs
- The shocking rape trial that galvanised Spain’s feminists – and the far right
- Court finds Spain's ruling party benefited from bribery scheme
- Spain’s Watergate: inside the corruption scandal that changed a nation
- Eighty years on, Spain may at last be able to confront the ghosts of civil war
- What Happens When Techno-Utopians Actually Run a Country
- How scientists took the first picture of a black hole
- Spain's La Sexta eyes pay TV license
- Spain: battle for the box office
- The ‘wolf pack’ case showed the world how Spanish law is mired in misogyny
- Is this the world’s most radical mayor?
- First ever picture of a black hole may be revealed this week
- SXSW Releases 2014 Features Lineup
- Big Ears Opens Its Eyes: The Public Cinema at Knoxville’s Big Ears Festival
- SURFING THROUGH CINEMA: THE 20TH ANNUAL ARIZONA INTN’L FILM FESTIVAL
- Caroline Glick: U.S. Should Support Morocco Against Iran
- Buffon joins France's PSG after historic career in Italy
- On a remote Pacific island, this doctor has revived a 60-year quest to eradicate a disfiguring disease
- Jamestown: Facts & History
- IN PICS: Velazquez's ladies-in-waiting spruce up struggling Galician town
What's on in Spain: Top twelve events in April have 534 words, post on www.thelocal.es at March 31, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.