AMHERST — Jamilla Deria has been named director of the Fine Arts Center at the University of Massachusetts.Deria, who has served as program director for Apollo Theater Foundation, Inc., will begin her duties in June.She succeeds Willie L. Hill, who retired from the post in February after serving nearly 20 years as director.“The Fine Arts Center has had only two directors in its long history, Fred Tillis and Willie Hill. I am confident that Jamilla Deria will continue their tradition of excellence, inclusion and service to the campus and the community,” said Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs John McCarthy. UMass Fine Arts Center director Willie Hill set to retire Willie L. Hill, Jr. will retire as head of the University of Massachusetts’ Fine Arts Center on Feb. 8. While at the Apollo Theater Foundation, Deria brought live music, theatrical and family entertainment experiences to audiences for nearly a decade. In previous roles, she promoted marquee properties such as the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, Blue Man Group and the Cirque du Soleil New York resident shows.“I am thrilled to join The Fine Arts Center team and contribute to the center’s nearly 50-year legacy as a champion of artistic… Read full this story
- Baton Rouge artists celebrate memory of late painter Charles Barbier
- 'A Baton Rouge treasure': Artist, muralist Charles Barbier dies Thursday
- Preview Picks: Houston Iranian Film Festival, ‘Stomp’
- Big new SF tower project breaks ground. Well, not really.
- Harris: The Academy’s Response to #OscarsSoWhite Is Huge — But There’s No Guarantee It Will Work
- In Conversation: Frank Gehry
- 2019 Sundance lineup includes films from Shia LaBeouf, Chiwetel Ejiofor
- Stars react to their 2020 Golden Globes nominations
- Every 2017 Summer Movie You Need to See
- Radiohead’s ‘OK Computer’: An Oral History
Jamilla Deria named director of UMass Fine Arts Center in Amherst have 288 words, post on www.masslive.com at March 26, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.