Hundreds of students skipped school on Friday to gather outside of the Massachusetts Statehouse and demand lawmakers put an end to climate change.
The Youth Climate Strike protest is part of a wider movement in solidarity with thousands of other students around the globe to put the spotlight on climate change, according to the local organization’s website.
In Boston, students held signs saying “I will vote” and “[Money] won’t matter when our world is gone” as they protested in front of the state capitol building.
Their demands included passing the Green New Deal and declaring climate change a national emergency, Youth Climate Strike Massachusetts’ website said.
Friday’s worldwide protests were inspired by a 16-year-old Swedish girl who started holding protests outside of Sweden’s parliament by herself last year.
- Can a group of scientists in California end the war on climate change?
- Our environment has always affected our mortality, should we add climate change to death certificates?
- The continuous whipsawing of climate change policy
- ANALYSIS-A la carte action on climate change
- Analysis - A la carte action on climate change
- A la carte action on climate change
- Climate change and coronavirus: Five charts about the biggest carbon crash
- COP26: UK proposes new date for delayed climate change summit
- Coronavirus: Lockdown emissions drop dramatically but it's having little impact on climate change, say scientists
- Climate change: Scientists fear car surge will see CO2 rebound
- Can drinking brandy help solve climate change?
- Spain drafts law eyeing climate neutrality by mid-century
- ‘We can’t go back to normal’: how will coronavirus change the world?
- The pandemic exposed the 'Church of Climate' as a fraud
- Welcome to the End of the ‘Human Climate Niche’
- ‘Things have to change’: tourism businesses look to a greener future
- COP24 climate talks end in agreement -- barely
- Why China and India shouldn't let coronavirus justify walking back climate action
- Pierce Brosnan, Kelly Ripa and More Stars Celebrate Their Kids Who Virtually Graduated as Class of 2020
- U.N. confirms year-long delay for crucial climate summit
Hundreds of Students Skip Class to Demand End to Climate Change have 357 words, post on www.necn.com at March 15, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.