A Hull church leader has launched a crowdfunding campaign to help Hull-based relatives of Joseph Waithaka travel to Kenya so they can bury his body. Mr Waithaka, 55, who lived in Hull for over a decade, died after Ethiopian Airlines Flight ET302 crashed six minutes after take-off on March 10. He was among 157 people tragically killed on the flight which was bound for Nairobi. His son, Ben Kuria, who grew up in Hull before moving to London, revealed how his dad had called him moments before he got on the plane. Mr Kuria said: “He came to my flat in London on Saturday night on his way to Heathrow from Hull and we had a meal together. “He called me later to say he had boarded his flight at 8pm and I said ‘see you later’. “When I woke up on Sunday I saw a message on my news app about the airline crash. “I quickly put two and two together as I knew there were not many flights between Ethiopia and Kenya on a Sunday. “I rang round different places and it was finally confirmed by the Kenyan authorities that my dad was on board and there were… Read full this story
- RHOBH star Erika Jayne, 49, and her lawyer husband, 81, are sued for 'embezzling funds meant for the families of victims of the 2018 Lion Air plane crash' - and using their 'sham divorce' to protect their money from debt collectors
- My grandma taught me how to cook, play mahjong and say goodbye
- Small Plane Crashes Into SUV In Emergency Landing On I-35W In Twin Cities
- 'Real Housewives' star Erika Jayne, ex Tom Girardi sued for allegedy embezzling millions from crash victims
- 'I had to say goodbye to my dying mum through a window because of lockdown rules'
- Former Fawlty Towers, Downton Abbey and EastEnders actor Nicky Henson dies aged 74 as family say he had a 19-year 'disagreement' with cancer
- Driver speaks out after pilot crashes plane into her SUV on Minnesota highway: "I'm glad it was him"
- 2 Young Children, Father Killed In Fiery Crash By Suspected Intoxicated Driver
- 'My heart seems to break a little more every day': Love Island's Jess Hayes says she is in 'unbearable pain' as she shares emotional details of tragically losing her baby boy at 19 weeks
- Officials Searching For Pilot Of F-16 Military Plane That Crashed In Michigan
Funds needed to help Hull family say goodbye to plane crash victim have 385 words, post on www.hulldailymail.co.uk at March 20, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.