Getty Images PHOENIX — The news of Rob Gronkowski’s retirement wafted over the annual NFL Meetings at the stately old Arizona Biltmore at mid-afternoon Sunday, and there was universal respect from the NFL community for a tight end who played with joy and a brutal effectiveness. “It was a privilege to compete against him,” Baltimore coach and Patriot rival John Harbaugh said in the Biltmore lobby, “and to say, win or lose, big games, everything in our sport on the line, ‘Thank you, God, for the chance to be able to compete against a player like Rob Gronkowski.’ “ “Best tight end of his era, and he did it his way, in a place [Foxboro] that’s not usually suited to players doing things their way,” Niners GM John Lynch said. “He did it the right way, the way a real football player does it,” NFL VP and former cornerback Troy Vincent said. The Lead: Gronk A few things I know about the retirement after an evening of reporting here: Some connected with the Patriots felt strongly early last week that Gronkowski was likely to retire, and it chagrins the organization that the free-agent receiver/tight end crop is now totally denuded after… Read full this story
- Rob Gronkowski pops balloons with his butt in Guinness Record attempt, but comes up short on Game On
- Healthy Gronkowski says Brady 'icing on the cake' of NFL return
- Patriots would welcome Gronk back 'with open arms'
- Report: Patriots signing TE Lance Kendricks
- Denver Broncos 26–16 New England Patriots - as it happened!
- FMIA: Tour Of Vikings Complex Gives Insight Into NFL’s New Normal In ’20
- FMIA Guest: Michael Thomas on Why Colin Kaepernick Should Be Back in NFL and Important Next Steps in Social Justice Issues
- The 25 best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The 60 best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- 'We're just like them': Kellen Mond is ready to make A&M elite
FMIA: Reality Not So Nice For Patriots As Rob Gronkowski, Best Tight End of His Era, Walks Away From Football have 315 words, post on profootballtalk.nbcsports.com at March 25, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.