Helene St. James Detroit Free Press Published 6:03 AM EDT Mar 18, 2019 The Detroit Red Wings spent the weekend enjoying something that’s become rare: a winning feeling. There isn’t likely to be much more of that as they embark on the last three weeks of the season — and that’s ultimately for the better of the organization. The Wings’ 2-1 victory over the New York Islanders on Saturday at Little Caesars Arena was only their second victory over the last 14 games. With Los Angeles losing to Florida, it bumped the Wings to 29th place in the NHL standings, above only the Kings and the Ottawa Senators. The gap between the Wings and Senators remained the same, as Ottawa banked two points by beating Toronto on Saturday. The gap between the Wings and the Devils narrowed, as New Jersey lost to Colorado on Sunday. While the Wings should want to win as a team, it’s better for the organization if they finish low in the standings, because it improves their odds in the April 9 draft lottery that will reveal what teams pick first, second and third overall. Here’s a look at the final stretch of the season for the… Read full this story
- Red Wings start long trip, bottom four finish likely
- Detroit Red Wings icon Ted Lindsay dead at 93
- Red Wings great, NHL union pioneer Ted Lindsay dies at 93
- Detroit Red Wings at Arizona Coyotes live score, update
- Detroit Red Wings at Colorado Avalanche live score, updates
- Pavel Datsyuk back to Detroit Red Wings? Not so fast, says agent
- Pavel Datsyuk leaving Detroit Red Wings: 'I have to go back home'
- Detroit Red Wings stand up for one another but fall to Islanders
- Detroit Red Wings end home stand with loss to Montreal
- Detroit Red Wings start strong, but can't hold on, in loss to Flames
Detroit Red Wings playing for NHL lottery spot. How they'll finish have 313 words, post on eu.freep.com at March 16, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.