Throughout the years masked crime fighters have faced some pretty scary enemies, though Marvel and the stars of the studio’s latest blockbuster (maybe — time will tell) Captain Marvel, may have outdone themselves in presenting an even more terrifying uber-baddie. In 2019, enter civilization’s greatest foe … sexism. According to an Entertainment Weekly article, “Intergalactic odd couple Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson return to 1995 to fight aliens,” and “Sexism.” A joke? You wish. Marvel has officially stepped into the realm of PC politics, marketing its new Marvel entry as an opportunity to get in on 2019’s spirit of “intersectional feminism.” Of course, the film is Marvel’s first ever solo-female superhero so it’s a great opportunity for the studio and its media friends to jabber on about how much of a watershed moment it is. EW’s interview with the actress behind Captain Marvel demonstrated how quickly the movie studio wants to flow down into the PC sewer. Interviewer Devin Goggan got into the female-centric gaze of the movie, tiptoeing lightly with a soft question about the movie’s themes of female friendship. He asked, “This film is Carol Danvers’ [Captain Marvel] story, but it’s also a story about female friendship…… Read full this story
- Brie Larson: Playing ‘Captain Marvel’ Is ‘My Form of Activism’
- ‘Captain Marvel’ will give the box office a big boost after a miserable start to 2019
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is a fun origin movie filled with 90s nostalgia, but it has flaws
- Superheroing Ain't Easy: 'Captain Marvel' Featurette Shows Brie Larson Trained Like Crazy
- ‘Captain Marvel’ brought in a huge $69.3 million over the weekend as it continued to dominate the box office
- 'Captain Marvel': New Villain, Plot Revealed
- GoFundMe Launched to Send Girls to See 'Captain Marvel'
- ‘Captain Marvel’ had the third-biggest March opening weekend in movie history, bringing in $153 million
- 'Captain Marvel' 2nd Trailer Arrives … And an Exciting Character Emerges
- Get hyped: First Captain Marvel trailer is here
‘Captain Marvel’: Superhero of ‘Intersectional Feminism?’ have 331 words, post on www.newsbusters.org at March 4, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.