On November 22nd, 2005, Bruce Springsteen wrapped up his seven-month Devils and Dust tour with an unforgettable show at the Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton, New Jersey. Like every night of the tour, this was a solo show where he pivoted between acoustic guitar, piano and organ to deliver a set packed with new tunes, lesser-known songs from his deep catalog and very few hits. And with it being the last night, he went to extreme lengths to make it an unforgettable show by busting out obscurities that only his most devoted fans could possibly recognize. It’s been a prized bootleg among Springsteen aficionados for the last fourteen years, but this month he finally released the entire show as part of his ongoing Bruce Springsteen Archives download series. The show opened with a cover of Link Wray’s “Rumble” as a tribute to the guitar legend who died earlier that month. He went on to play “Fire” and “Mansion on the Hill” for the first time on the tour, the latter as a duet with Patti Scialfa, along with “Backstreets,” “All That Heaven Will Allow” and “It’s Hard to Be a Saint in the City.” The most shocking moment came early… Read full this story
- Bruce Springsteen Released a New Single Last Night Too, Folks
- Bruce Springsteen’s Son Sam Joins Jersey City’s Firefighters
- New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy Unveils 2020 Agenda During State Of State Address
- Bruce Springsteen on Making ‘Born to Run’: ‘We Went to Extremes’
- Bruce Springsteen’s Video Archivist Breaks Down Huge New ‘River’ Box Set
- Bruce Springsteen Details Massive ‘The River’ Box Set
- Bruce Springsteen Brings Out the Hits for First ‘Light of Day’ Performance in 5 Years (Watch)
- How Bruce Springsteen Got Back to ‘The River’
- Bruce Springsteen opens up about parenting: "There were a lot of mistakes I didn't want to make"
- Bruce Springsteen Covers David Bowie, Resurrects ‘The River’ at Tour Opener
Bruce Springsteen Releases 2005 New Jersey Concert Packed With Extreme Rarities have 327 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at March 4, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.