Protecting the electoral system, the author believes, means not only ensuring the integrity of the voting process, but also keeping voters away from the influence of nefarious activities of hostile actors. REUTERS As the Paris protests have recently exposed, European societies are currently facing a twin threat – the inability of their own elites to deal with internal crises and foreign agents exploiting those crises to stoke unrest. Ukraine’s Security Service (SBU) has claimed that the Russian secret service has trained the “radicals” involved in disturbances not only in France, but Germany, Belgium, Spain and Bulgaria, reads a piece on CAPX by Jamila Mammadova of the Henry Jackson Society.. Britain, which is now at the crossroads of history as it is preparing to leave the European Union, has not faced the level of interference Russia launched in Ukraine, the country which for five years has been dealing with sabotage and disinformation efforts backed by the Russian state, while simultaneously engaged in a military conflict with Kremlin-backed militants in Donbas, suggests the author. Level of Russian meddling in Western Europe is nowhere close either – yet. Things may change though, if those in power do not start learning from the experiences… Read full this story
- Ukraine: Spotlight on the regions
- How Russian Media Tries to Undermine Ukraine
- The biggest example of media malfeasance in 2020 is...
- Now Lev Parnas claims he SAW Trump order the firing of the US ambassador to Ukraine after hearing gossip that she was 'bad-mouthing' him - and implicates ex-Energy Secretary Rick Perry in 'quid pro quo scheme'
- West Hartford resident shares experience in Holocaust at Quinnipiac University
- Kanye West's presidential run, Kim Kardashian's Meek Mill meet, the abortion bombshell, the divorce 'attempt' and THAT tearful summit... what caused the demise of Hollywood's biggest power couple?
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are 'BOTH fighting to keep $60m dream mansion in Calabasas' as the Hollywood couple prepare for $2.2bn 'divorce'
- 'Divorce is imminent': Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's 'marriage is OVER' after six years and four children - amid claims she has 'had enough' and they 'are in settlement talks' with high-powered lawyers
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West discussing divorce
- Kim Jong Un vows to 'improve' North Korea's relationship with the West as his country's economy is crippled during coronavirus pandemic
The West must learn from Ukraine’s experience of dealing with Russian provocateurs – media have 374 words, post on www.unian.info at February 7, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.