After decades of stunning work and five nominations, Spike Lee has finally claimed his first Academy Award!BlacKkKlansman. After jumping into the arms of collaborator Samuel L. Jackson, who presented him the award, Lee, clad in purple, delivered a fiery speech the commemorate the moment, as well as this time in American history.Watch Spike Lee accept his first ever #Oscarpic.twitter.com/ofs9mfoXA5— The A.V. Club (@TheAVClub) February 25, 2019THIS MOMENT! Spike Lee gave Samuel L Jackson his first movie role and now Sam presented Spike with his first Oscar. #BHM#Oscarspic.twitter.com/WjU5sgeJ7f— Sylvia Obell (@SylviaObell) February 25, 2019He concluded with a powerful call to arms while also referencing one of his classic films. 68 PHOTOS Inside the 2019 Oscars: See the best moments! See Gallery Inside the 2019 Oscars: See the best moments! HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA – FEBRUARY 24: An image of the late Freddie Mercury is projected onto a screen while Adam Lambert + Queen perform onstage during the 91st Annual Academy Awards at Dolby Theatre on February 24, 2019 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images) Member of British rock band Queen Brian May and US singer-songwriter Adam Lambert performs during the 91st Annual Academy Awards at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California… Read full this story
- Oscar Futures: The Knives Come Out for
- Juliette Lewis debuts new haircut as she showcases her sensational figure in structured animal print dress at Vanity Fair Oscars bash
- Priyanka Chopra, 36, wows in plunging tulle dress as she gazes adoringly at dapper husband Nick Jonas, 26, at the Vanity Fair Oscar afterparty
- We Are The Champions! Rami Malek kisses Lucy Boynton as Bohemian Rhapsody reigns supreme with FOUR wins at Academy Awards after Queen rock the crowd with opening act
- Oscars 2019: Here's the FULL LIST of the WINNERS of the 91st Academy Awards!
- Natalie Portman is elegantly chic in strapless black jumpsuit as she cosies up to husband Benjamin Millepied at Vanity Fair Oscar Party
- The Oscars Are Going to Be an Embarrassing Disaster—and It’s the Academy’s Fault
- Golden Globes disappoint with upsets like 'Green Book.' Here's the silver lining | View
Spike Lee wins first-ever Oscar for 'BlacKkKlansman' have 357 words, post on www.aol.com at February 24, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.