24 seconds ago
Kenan Thompson already had one of the biggest names in comedy on NBC thanks to his status as the longest-running cast member on Saturday Night Live, and he has now signed on to be part of another show. He’ll join Chrissy Teigen and more to bring a comedy competition series to the small screen. It will be called Bring the Funny, and here is what you need to know about it.
Bring the Funny delivers Saturday Night Live’s Kenan Thompson, Lip Sync Battle presenter and Twitter favorite Chrissy Teigen, and popular stand-up comedian Jeff Foxworthy as judges of comedy acts. Comedian Amanda Seales is on board as host. What kind of acts will they judge? Well, by the sound of it, just about every kind of act out there.
The new NBC series will feature comedic acts including solo stand-up comics, sketch groups, musicians, magicians, puppeteers, YouTubers, and even podcasters. Anybody who has a special way of delivering laughs is a potential winner, and the person or group that comes out on top will win a $250,000 prize. They’ll also “see their name in lights in the Bring the Funny showcase.”
All things considered, Bring the Funny sounds kind of like a version of America’s Got Talent that focuses on comedy. As AGT fans know, that show regularly features comedic acts including stand-ups, musicians, puppeteers, magicians, and more. Puppeteers have even won the top prize in the past, and more than one comedian made it to the top 10 of Season 13 (and returned for the current Champions edition).
Bring the Funny is coming to television thanks to a partnership with Just for Laughs, an international organization that has brought many successful comedic acts into the limelight thanks to festivals, tours, and TV shows. NBC President of Alternative and Reality Meredith Ahr explained why the panel of judges was selected, saying this:
It’s certainly true that the three judges and host don’t all bring the same comedic talents to the table! Kenan Thompson is best-known for his sketch comedy work, with experience long before Saturday Night Live thanks to Nickelodeon’s All That. Chrissy Teigen largely delivers her humor via social media posts, which poke fun at everything ranging from current events to herself to her husband, John Legend.
Jeff Foxworthy is successful in a number of different comedy fields, and his stand-up has won him fans everywhere. As for Amanda Seales, she’s likely the least well-known of the celebrity comedians, but her diverse comedic background could make her the perfect fit for host.
- Saturday Night Live Giraffes
- Spending a Saturday Night Without Spending Money
- Organized Living Perfectionism - A New Disorder of the 21st Century!
- A Living Memory - A New Novel by Pronoy Chatterjee
- Pull Your Ex Back - Successfully Stop Your Ex From Moving on With Their Lives With Someone New!
- Wow, this new Norm Macdonald Twitter character is pretty intense
- The Night on Which Lennon Was Killed
- Is Now a Good Time to Start a New Restaurant?
- Victoria Beckham pokes fun at her past Spice Girls make-up as she shares fun throwback snap to promote her new beauty range
- Stress and the Expat - Handling Culture Shock and Cultural Adjustment of Living Overseas