54 seconds ago
It turns out Sophie Turner is not the only Game of Thrones star who has confided how the series ends. Kit Harington said he revealed the show’s ending to his wife and former Thrones co-star Rose Leslie. What happened next? She stopped speaking to him. Harington said:
Be careful what you ask for — and apparently being the one to provide answers. Kit Harington (Jon Snow) learned that shoot-the-messenger lesson the hard way. At least it was only three days and not more. That’s still rough, though. The actor shared the amusing anecdote with KISS FM’s morning show, per EW.
It is hard to know what to make of Rose Leslie’s (Ygritte) reaction. Was she happy or sad about what Kit Harington told her? It can’t be that great if she gave her husband the silent treatment over the news. Either way, Harington has weighed in on how he feels about the Game of Thrones ending. Here’s what he said:
Satisfaction is definitely not a bad sign. It is interesting that Kit Harington adds the importance of him being able to see the ending to test that notion.
Reading, filming, and then seeing something are three entirely different experiences. There is a lot of post-production magic that goes into conjuring any piece of on-screen entertainment. You have the special effects and the music, among other factors that add to the overall experience. Once those are all installed, seeing Game of Thrones’ ending could make a different impression.
Plus, the series could have a highly visual ending. Will Game of Thrones culminate with that huge battle? It is possible that is where everything could go down. Hence, the likely importance of post-production CGI and its role in Season 8. That’s something you would not be able to get from just reading scripts or filming scenes.
Kit Harington has previously said that he hopes Game of Thrones’ eighth season will “change TV again.” That was a reference to how the show’s first season revolutionized television. For that to happen, one would think Season 8 is going to be pretty epic and shocking. That idea is not all that shocking itself.
Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) has expressed she is not sure anyone will be satisfied with how Game of Thrones ends. But that’s something she seemed to attribute to people not wanting the show to end in general.
No matter who you want to see on the Iron Throne, Game of Thrones has a lot of other components to its ending. Personally, part of being satisfied will entail everything that happens remaining true to the Game of Thrones viewers have seen so far. As long as no one acts out of character, or there are out-there saves or deaths, it should be “satisfying.”
Find out if the end is satisfying to you when Game of Thrones‘ final season premieres Sunday, April 14 at 9 p.m. ET on HBO. The series’ eighth season is among many awaiting viewers in the midseason.
- ‘Game of Thrones’ stars Kit Harington and Rose Leslie announced their engagement — here’s their real-life love story
- ‘Games of Thrones’ star Rose Leslie grew up in this Scottish castle — and you can rent it for £600 a night on Airbnb
- ‘Game of Thrones’ stars Kit Harington, Rose Leslie engaged
- ‘Game of Thrones’ star Kit Harington lied to costars to keep the Jon Snow reveal secret
- Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington to have big reveal in October
- The ‘Game of Thrones’ creators tricked Kit Harington with an epic Jon Snow prank
- Jon Snow star Kit Harington was terrible at keeping the biggest ever ‘Game of Thrones’ secret
- ‘Game of Thrones’ star Kit Harington endured electric shocks to ‘prove’ Jon Snow is dead
- Kit Harington has a simple answer to ‘Game of Thrones’ fans who think Jon Snow is coming back
- ‘Game of Thrones’ star Kit Harington says ‘sexism toward men’ exists in Hollywood