We’re living in a golden age of animation. Disney is making crowd-pleasing, critically acclaimed work from Pixar and the Disney Animation studio, independent studios are making gems like “Kubo and the Two Strings,” and “The Boss Baby” was nominated for an Oscar. But acclaim isn’t always easy to get. Animated movies take years to make, and that effort is often under-recognised by institutions like critics groups and the Oscars. It wasn’t until the creation of the best animated feature category in 2002 that the recognition first became regular. Before then, Disney just had to hope one of the songs in their musicals was nominated, or settle for a best animated short award. In other years, the Oscars totally ignored animated movies, so you’ll see some gaps on this list. To honour the animated movies that deserve acclaim, we looked back at the most Oscar-worthy animated films stretching back to 1990, when “The Little Mermaid” won a pair of Oscars and marked a renaissance period in Disney’s animation studio. The history of the award is, in some ways, a history of Disney Animation during that time, from its rebirth in the 1990s, to its relationship with Pixar, to the CGI era… Read full this story
- Holiday movies 2018: From Mary Poppins to Oscar hopefuls, here’s what’s coming this season
- Holiday movie preview: Oscars and blockbusters
- 19 for 2019: The movies this year that Roeper can't wait to see
- The Latest: 'Favourite' and 'Roma' tie for most Oscar noms
- The Latest: Cooper, Coogler among surprising Oscar nom snubs
- New movie releases between Thanksgiving and Christmas 2018
- Here are 61 movies coming to theaters this holiday 2018 season
- Holiday movie preview 2018: The 10 films Richard Roeper can't wait to see
- 10 best movies of 2018 include 'Support the Girls,' 'Leave No Trace'
- In Memoriam: Movie, TV and music stars lost in 2018
Here are all 25 animated movies that have won Oscars have 299 words, post on www.businessinsider.com.au at February 28, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.