BREAKING: Just a couple of hours before Jussie Smollett faces a Chicago judge on the criminal charges he was indicted for Wednesday related to the alleged racist and homophobic attack of late last month, Fox has started walking back its once-firm support of the actor. “We understand the seriousness of this matter and we respect the legal process,” 20th Century Fox TV and Fox Entertainment said of the Empire star this morning. “We are evaluating the situation and we are considering our options.” With those potentially ominous last three words, production on the final episodes of the current season of Empire continues Thursday in the Windy City wihtout the actor who plays the openly gay Jamal Lyon on the Fox show. Related Story Chicago Police: Jussie Smollett Staged Assault For Better Salary, Career Advancement Although Fox and Smollett’s agency UTA are sticking by the actor for now, there has been talk, as Deadline reported on February 20, of suspending him from Empire as the felony case goes to the courts. That talk could be turning to a more permanent conclusion as the broadcaster evaluates the fallout from what is a PR disaster, to put it mildly. Fox’s tempered statement comes… Read full this story
- Trump condemns 'horrible' attack that left 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett bloodied by perpetrators who allegedly yelled 'MAGA country'
- Huawei ban timeline: Company sues Trump administration over documents linked to CFO's arrest
- Fox Sets Corona-Proof Fall 2020 Schedule With ‘L.A.’s Finest’, ‘Filthy Rich’ &‘NeXt’, Reality, Sports & Animation; No Returning Live-Action Series
- Shoppers continue to creep back to beleaguered high streets: Visits to retail centres rise 6% on the previous seven days but are still 26% down on last year, figures show
- 'I do not care what side he's on': Alyssa Milano DISAVOWS Michael Avenatti after Stormy Daniels' lawyer is arrested for domestic violence - four months after they appeared together at an anti-Trump rally
- 'It's a set up!': Michael Avenatti claims his arrest for domestic violence was engineered by the same man who 'tried to take down Robert Mueller with false rape allegations'
- Trump eyes media empire and may expand business overseas as he fights to pay back $900m debt due over next four years
- LSU frat member's hazing arrest marks the first under Max Gruver-inspired Louisiana law
- Chaos and Cannabis: A Hemp Empire Brings Trouble to Navajo Land
- Police, DSS arresting EndSARS protesters, Delta Judicial Panel member cries out
Fox “Considering Options” After Jussie Smollett Arrested On Criminal Charges; ‘Empire’ Production Continues Today have 395 words, post on deadline.com at February 21, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.