According to a tweet by a tipster called Ishan Agarwal, who recently shared a ton of Samsung Galaxy S10 leaks, Samsung’s upcoming foldable phone will be called the “Galaxy Winner”. If this ends up being true, that will be a rather surprising turn of events, as the company trademarked both the “Galaxy Fold” and “Galaxy Flex” names which would fit with the style of the device.
Mr. Agarwal also mentioned that the product page for the Galaxy Winner will be live after the company’s Galaxy S10 press event on February 20, though the source does not confirm that the phone will be announced at the event. Samsung may talk about the device during that press conference, and release its product page, but it’s still quite likely that the phone will not become official on February 20, as that announcement would step on Galaxy S10’s shoes, pretty much.
The source even says that the Galaxy Winner name does not really seem right, but according to the info that he was provided with, that’s exactly what Samsung’s first foldable smartphone will be called, for better or worse.
Samsung’s Foldable Smartphone Demo Device & Video Teaser
During its developer’s press conference at the end of last year, Samsung actually showed off a demo foldable smartphone. The design of that smartphone was covered by a heavy-duty case, but we got a really good idea s to how the phone will function. Its main display will fold inwards, right down the middle, at which point a secondary display on the back will power on, and let you continue using the device. The device will probably be larger than the one Samsung showed, though.
The company’s upcoming smartphone was accidentally shown in a YouTube video which Samsung Vietnam posted, well, at least it seems to be its upcoming handset. In that video, Samsung teased all sorts of upcoming technology, including foldable smartphones, and at one point in the video, you can actually get a good look at the company’s foldable device. We’re still not sure this is the phone that the company is planning to announce, but chances are that the final product will at least resemble it.
So, When Will It Launch?
Some teaser suggested that the company will announce the device on February 20, as already mentioned, but Samsung will probably want to avoid that due to the Galaxy S10, so it’s possible that the foldable device may arrive during MWC 2019. That’s just a wild guess on our part, as it may be completely wrong, but we’ll see. One thing is almost certain, though, Samsung will mention this device in one way or the other during its February 20 press conference and / or during MWC 2019, as it’s a big talking point and people are genuinely interested, it seems.
Samsung will have plenty of competition in the foldable smartphone space this year, as Xiaomi already showed off its foldable smartphone prototype, while HTC plans to fully announce its offering at MWC 2019. OPPO, Motorola, and several other companies confirmed that they’re working on foldable devices as well, so it will be an interesting year in that regard.
- 5G, foldable phones, and magic-like gestures will take center stage at MWC 2019
- Xiaomi Tipped to Launch a New Foldable Phone in Q4 2021, Could Be Mi Mix Fold 2
- Samsung mobile boss confirms S Pen support for foldable phones
- India Women's Hockey Coach Thanks PM For 'Inspirational Phone Call', Says Will Fight For Bronze
- This is now the cheapest foldable phone you can buy
- Samsung makes foldable phones key priority for mobile business
- This is now the cheapest Samsung flagship phone you can get with S Pen stylus
- Samsung's S10e Joins Galaxy S10, S10 Plus 2019 Smartphone Lineup | Digital Trends
- Samsung's Bean-Shaped Galaxy Buds Live Are Official | Digital Trends
- Samsung launches LTE-A Galaxy S4 with Snapdragon 800 power | Digital Trends
- Samsung reports 10 million Galaxy S4 sales | Digital Trends
- Samsung may not unveil Galaxy S21 FE at August 11 Galaxy Unpacked event
- Yet another variant: Samsung to launch faster Galaxy S4 | Digital Trends
- Slack Huddles is the perfect work-from-home feature for Millennials that hate phone calls
- Barcelona star Antoine Griezmann ‘wants Real Madrid transfer and president phone call’
- Samsung unveils £1,799 Galaxy Z Fold 2 with 7.6-inch ‘Infinity’ display
- Samsung: Your $2,000 Galaxy Fold's screen is so precious it needs 'extra care'
- Samsung Galaxy S10 vs Galaxy S10e – all the major specs differences revealed
- The Galaxy Fold is a sign of things to come, but you should wait for the next one
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3 Sale Tipped to Begin August 27; May Be Priced Lower Than Predecessor
First Samsung Foldable Phone May Be Called "Galaxy Winner" have 762 words, post on www.androidheadlines.com at February 13, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.