By Chuck Barney | [email protected] | Bay Area News GroupJanuary 13, 2019 at 7:00 am Chuck Barney’s TV and streaming picks for Jan. 13-19 DON’T MISS: “True Detective” — Fresh off winning a Golden Globe Award for his performance in “Green Book,” Mahershala Ali headlines the third installment of the gritty anthology series. Ali plays retired Arkansas state police detective Wayne Hays, who seeks to solve a macabre crime that took place years ago in the heart of the Ozarks. Filmed in Arkansas, the story plays out in three separate time periods. Stephen Dorff and Carmen Ejogo also star. (9 p.m. Sunday, HBO). Other bets: SUNDAY: Remember Netscape? “Valley of the Boom” is a wildly offbeat, six-part miniseries that captures the high-stakes drama and madcap craziness of the 1990s dot.com bubble (and bust). Bradley Whitford, Steve Zahn and Lamorne Morris lead the cast. (9 p.m., National Geographic). SUNDAY: Jenna Coleman returns as the title character in Season 3 of “Victoria.” As the saga resumes, the queen is pregnant with her sixth child. But she has much else on her mind, mainly the Revolutions of 1848, when Europe’s downtrodden begin calling for the overthrow of aristocratic rule. (9 p.m., PBS). MONDAY: “The Passage”… Read full this story
- Mindhunter: 5 TV shows to watch if you loved the Netflix series
- Whether there will be an Unbelievable season 2 on Netflix
- The Voice UK's new judge Meghan Trainor heads out in Salford with her husband Daryl Sabara ahead of first day of filming
- Dancing With The Stars: Ally Brooke earns first nines of season for Disney Night contemporary dance
- James Van Der Beek allows his daughter, five, to have part of her head SHAVED: 'I don't know if my parents would have ever let me do this!'
- The famed TV sitcom “Friends” premiered 25 years ago
- 'Sorry, I'm taken': Retired NYPD detective and criminal justice professor who Wendy Williams is head over heels for tells her they're NOT dating and he already has a girlfriend!
- HBO's Watchmen TV series: Official trailer, release date, plot, cast and more
- My road crash brain injury taught me the meaning of TRUE LOVE: TV presenter Sheena McDonald’s life changed in an instant when she was hit by a police van. The story of her recovery and the support of her husband, is testament to the formidable power of the
- Week 7 NFL Power Rankings: 1-32 poll, plus every team's biggest weakness
TV this week: ‘True Detective’ heads to the Ozarks for Season 3 have 392 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at January 13, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.