Franklin Leonard, founder and CEO of the Black List, will receive the WGA East’s Burkey Award, given in recognition of his contributions that have brought “honor and dignity to writers.” The award will be presented at 71st annual Writers Guild Awards in New York on Feb. 17. “Since founding the Black List, Franklin has been one of the strongest advocates for writers in the entertainment industry,” said WGA East president Beau Willimon. “By giving a platform to new voices, stressing the necessity for diversity and championing the importance of the script, Franklin has become an invaluable ally to the Writers Guild of America, East. We are honored to celebrate his accomplishments and continued work.” Related Story Paula Pell To Receive WGA East’s Herb Sargent Award For Comedy Writing “I have always believed that the greatest honor of my career is serving the community of screenwriters,” Leonard said. “To have that same community believe that my service has been of value is frankly overwhelming.” Leonard launched the Black List, an annual survey of Hollywood executives’ favorite unproduced screenplays, in 2005. Since then, more than 400 Black List scripts have been produced, grossing over $26 billion in box office worldwide and winning… Read full this story
- City of Elgin to receive YWCA Elgin Leader Luncheon Corporate Award
- Supply Chain Award Nominees Announced
- IndyStar Sports Awards 2019 winter sports nominees
- Phalen Leadership Academies Awarded Glick Fund Grant
- An award-winning Austin bar is taking over an award-winning Brookline bar for one night only
- “Fuck the Curtain”: An Oral History of Off-Broadway
- Is Atlanta ready for the revival of Freaknik?
- How Will Movies (As We Know Them) Survive the Next 10 Years?
- Memphis bicentennial: 200 notable Bluff City music moments
- Nobel laureate Toni Morrison, ‘Beloved’ author, dies at 88
The Black List’s Franklin Leonard To Receive WGA East’s Burkey Award have 282 words, post on deadline.com at January 4, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.