Let the countdown to the royal baby begin!
Meghan Markle revealed when she’s due to give birth during her latest public appearance on Monday in Birkhead, England.
While speaking to a woman in the crowd, the former “Suits” actress told her that she’s about six months pregnant. In a conversation with another well-wisher, the Duchess of Sussex reportedly told a woman that her due date is around late April or early May.
This narrows down when we can expect Meghan and Prince Harry to welcome their first child. When Kensington Palace officially announced that they were expecting back in October, the announcement simply stated that the duchess was due “in the spring.”
Another reveal that she made on Monday? That they don’t know the sex of their baby — and likely won’t until it arrives, as Meghan wants it to be a surprise!
The duchess’ growing baby bump has been on display for weeks now, as she’s continued to take attend weekly engagements as she settles into her role as a royal. Though the palace has yet to confirm when she’s expected to go on maternity leave, royal experts point out that sister-in-law Kate Middleton generally retreated from the public eye about a month before her due date, so fans of the royal family can expect to still see Meghan out and about until about late March.
Meghan and Harry are expected to break with tradition when it finally comes time to welcome their first child, too. By then, the couple is expected to have settled in their new home at Frogmore Cottage on the grounds of Windsor Castle, where they’ll move to from Kensington Palace in the coming months. Because of the location of their new home outside of London, the duchess will likely not deliver her baby at the Lindo Wing at St. Mary’s Hospital, the luxe maternity ward where Princess Diana and Duchess Kate famously delivered their children.
Instead, the Duchess of Sussex may choose to give birth at Frimley Park in Surrey, which is where Sophie, Countess of Wessex delivered her two children.
More from Aol.com: Duchess Meghan’s bodyguard quits after less than a year Meghan Markle’s half-brother arrested for DUI days after inviting her to wedding Meghan Markle shares her best advice for job seekers
- EXCLUSIVE: It's YOUR turn to make amends, Meghan! Samantha Markle begs her sister to let their estranged father be in the new royal baby's life and use the birth to end family rift
- Meghan Markle in Africa wearing Kate Middleton’s favourite shoes
- The jewellery brands Meghan Markle loves
- Prince Harry cradles baby Archie as Meghan Markle gently kisses their son's head in intimate moment caught on camera in new trailer for ITV documentary
- EXCLUSIVE: 'I'm dedicating this fight to Meghan and little baby Archie.' Thomas Markle Jr comes face-to-face with rival Mark Wahlberg's best friend 'Nacho Extreme' as he prepares for his celebrity boxing match
- Duchess of Sussex reveals she taught bookbinding classes
- Hillary Clinton reveals she's a huge fan of 'gutsy' Meghan Markle - and admits she 'fears' for the UK due to its support for 'authoritarian' Boris Johnson
- Where did it all go so wrong for Meghan Markle?
- James Benoit makes the cut as Archie's first pal: While the nation had to wait weeks to catch a glimpse of the royal baby, Meghan Markle's hairdresser was one of the first to see him at Frogmore - and now he's 'formed a good bond' with the five-month-old
- Meghan Markle is in talks with Vogue to have a regular column in both the magazine's US and UK editions focusing on her charity work, after Amal Clooney 'encouraged Duchess to promote her philanthropy projects'