Despite several months of social media teases, updates, and set material, a release date for Rob Zombie’s Three From Hell has yet to be announced. So when the director took to Instagram a few days ago to tell us, “It took a while to complete the trilogy but we did it,” many took it as a sign that the long-awaited follow-up to The Devil’s Rejects was just about ready to complete its journey to cinemas.
Sadly, it seems we’ve misunderstood, with Zombie returning to Instagram last night to offer the following clarification:
“So folks seem confused by my post saying I completed my Rejects trilogy. I said the trilogy is complete but the movie 3 From Hell is not finished yet. Still got a couple months of work left. It’s getting there and it is fucking awesome.”
Evidently, a Three From Hell release isn’t as imminent as some had hoped, but it doesn’t sound all that far away either, and if we can wait almost fourteen years for a follow-up to Devil’s Rejects, then what difference will a few more months make?
MORE FROM THE WEB
In any case, Zombie and his team have been doing a pretty good job at making us feel in the loop on his next film while divulging very few plot details. So far, we know that the feature will see Bill Moseley, Sheri Moon Zombie, and Sid Haig reprise their respective roles as Otis, Baby, and Captain Spaulding, three psychopaths we first met back in 2003 with Zombie’s House of 1000 Corpses.
How exactly they’re still alive after getting shot full of holes at the end of Devil’s Rejects is unclear, but set photos suggest that Three From Hell will see the titular trio heading to court. What happens from here remains to be seen, but Moseley has at least offered his assurance that our “mindsies are gonna be big time blown.”
- Rob Zombie sends in the clowns with his abysmal death-match thriller
- Dark comedy: Rob Zombie to direct Groucho Marx biopic
- Mila Kunis and Rob Zombie team up for Starz horror comedy series Trapped
- Watch Rob Zombie and Tony Moore’s bloody take on Assassin’s Creed: Unity
- PopCap’s Plants vs. Zombies Invades Macs and PCs
- Zombie Neutron Star Brought Back To Life By Neighboring Red Giant
- ‘Dying Light’ couples a familiar zombie apocalypse with some fresh twists
- Survive the apocalypse (or just a week off the grid) with these zombie-proof rides
- Comments for : Burglars rob the Boulder Apple Store smashing a $100 000 glass door, score zero for subtlety
- Burglars rob the Boulder Apple Store smashing a $100 000 glass door, score zero for subtlety