CBS All Access is officially moving forward on the development of the Michelle Yeoh’s standalone spinoff Star Trek series. The series will focus on Yeoh’s character Philippa Georgiou, and it will expand “on the character’s current position as a member of Section 31, a shadowy intelligence agency operating within the Federation.” There have been rumors about this series since Star Trek: Discovery Season 1 came to an end but now it’s official and this is what the actress had to say in a statement: “I’m so excited to continue telling these rich ‘Star Trek’ stories. Being a part of this universe and this character specifically has been such a joy for me to play. I can’t wait to see where it all goes – certainly I believe it will go ‘where no WOMAN has ever gone before!’” The new series will be written by Bo Yeon Kim and Erika Lippoldt and produced by Alex Kurtzman’s Secret Hideout, and Roddenberry Entertainment. Kurtzman added: “Michelle has shattered ceilings, broken boundaries, and astonished us with her grace and gravitas for decades. As a human, I adore her. As an actor, I revere her. Erika and Boey are remarkable, exciting writers who bring a fresh perspective… Read full this story
- CBS boldly shares new logo, same old premise for Bryan Fuller’s
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. will drive his ‘badass truck’ at Daytona 500 as official pace truck
- It’s LeBron’s world and we’re all living in it on the eve of NBA All-Star Game
- Dwyane Wade isn’t the only one representing the Heat during All-Star Weekend
- Welcome to Charlotte, All-Star Game visitors. Can you work with us a little?
- How NBA All-Stars Kemba Walker, Stephen Curry embody the power of fine parenting
- NASCAR plans 2021 introduction for new Generation 7 Cup series car
- Tour of California officials announce Rancho Cordova to Lake Tahoe Stage 2 route
- UARA-STARS Racing – UARA STARdom
- MLB's Get-Paid All-Stars: Ranking the 15 most player-friendly contracts in baseball, featuring Pujols and Cabrera
Michelle Yeoh STAR TREK Spinoff Series is Officially in Development at CBS All Access have 325 words, post on geektyrant.com at January 14, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.