Miami Dade College’s Miami Film Festival revealed its 2019 slate of films and guests this morning, with plenty of exciting inclusions. More than 160 feature narratives, documentaries, and short films of all genres, from more than 40 countries will be presented during its March 1 through 10 run. The festival will kick off its opening night with This Changes Everything, a documentary examining the sexism that has been present in the American film and television industries throughout time. The documentary, directed by Tom Donahue, was named first runner-up for the People’s Choice Award: Documentaries at its Toronto International Film Festival premiere, and features on-camera appearances by Sandra Oh, Rosario Dawson, Jessica Chastain, Shonda Rhimes, Meryl Streep, and Geena Davis, among others.“The cultural reckoning of our current times has irrevocably and positively changed sensibilities surrounding inclusiveness and diversity,” festival director Jaie Laplante says. “Director Tom Donahue’s This Changes Everything, created by CreativeChaos VMG and New Plot Films, is a vital and inspirational showcase of values that reverberate throughout the program of our 36th edition.”Continue ReadingWhere last year’s Precious Gem Award brought the stunning French actress Isabelle Huppert to Miami, this year has an American treasure being celebrated for her career. Patricia… Read full this story
- Unity Technologies’ Unity for Humanity Grant Brings Terminal 3 to Tribeca Film Festival
- Star Wars Episode IX may film partially in space, says director Colin Trevorrow
- Tesla Model S Crash That Killed Two Teens in Florida Is Under Investigation
- 'Deadpool' and 'Stranger Things' nab Golden Globe Award nominations
- Jodie Comer dismisses claims of rivalry with fellow Emmy nominee Killing Eve co-star Sandra Oh... as she admits her 'blabbering' Lead Actress acceptance speech was a 'blur'
- Academy Award nominees: ‘La La Land’ ties all-time record for Oscar nominations
- Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials review
- SXSW 2018: What to expect at Austin’s tech, media, and music extravaganza
- Telemundo’s new headquarters embraces the future. It may transform this area, too
- Rudy Giuliani: Trump was out of the loop on Stormy Daniels payment
Miami Film Festival 2019 Brings Patricia Clarkson, Boots Riley, and Barry Jenkins have 325 words, post on www.miaminewtimes.com at January 31, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.