There’s usually two reasons for doing it though, and both are deeply misguided. The first is self-serving, as if the athlete will take a look, enjoy the pandering, and therefore give up some access and exclusivity down the line. The second is that there’s some profound point that needs making and, when they read it, they’ll be well served by such wisdom. Both rationales make the same mistake however. Thinking that somehow the target will actually care to start with, then digest it, and then give it some further depth of consideration. But hang on, for sometimes there is a time and place. It’s rare, yet on occasion the world crosses a line, leaving so many ready to throw a match onto the wicker man, in what amounts to a tragic act of persecution. That’s the case here but be patient as this is a first… An Open Letter To Maria Sharapova. And if she wants to sit down for an interview after this wisdom, that’s an open offer too. ******* Dear Maria, I hope these words find you well and I hope they sooth you in your hour of need. Ever since your press conference last Saturday, I’ve watched… Read full this story
- I wish Maria Sharapova well in retirement.. even if she did call me a virgin at her comeback tournament after drugs ban
- I wish Maria Sharapova well in retirement ... even if she did call me a virgin
- Maria Sharapova: Back on court
- Maria Sharapova, the ultimate competitor with a complicated legacy
- Maria Sharapova will go down as one of the all-time greats of tennis
Meldonium, press conferences and the comeback have 270 words, post on www.independent.ie at January 24, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.