JEREMY Kyle viewers were left heartbroken today after it was revealed a guest died just three months after being reunited with his long lost daughter.
Mark Sinclair – an army veteran – abandoned his daughter Cerys eight years ago after becoming addicted to heroin as he struggled to cope with post-traumatic stress.
In incredibly emotional scenes, which even had host Jeremy close to tears, the pair came face to face for the first time since he left – and he learnt he had granddaughter.
He told Jeremy: “I was at a bad place in my life because through the forces I got into drugs because I didn’t know anything about PTSD.
“I felt she deserved better than what I… I wasn’t giving her nothing at the time.
“It’s just been because I’ve sorted myself out, it’s just been Cerys, Cerys, Cerys everyday. She is on my mind, she is there the last thing at night, she’s there first thing in the morning, everything.”
Jeremy fought back the tears as he surprised Cerys by revealing her dad was waiting for in her wings.
Tragically Mark, who had been clean for four years, died just months after they recorded the show – leaving those at home saddened and shocked.
The post-script read: “Mark and Cerys spent quality time with each other after the show, but tragically Mark passed away three months after meeting Cerys.
“Both Cerys and Mark’s family were happy for the show to be televised.”
HOLLY’S ICE SCATHING
Gemma Collins threatens to quit DOI after Holly slams diva behaviour
‘IT’S A PROBLEM’
Harry Redknapp hints son Jamie and wife Louise ‘weren’t compatible’
Megan Barton Hanson’s ‘love rival’ Vanessa Bauer says she ‘won argument’
SHERI POOR SHOW
Sheridan Smith tour in crisis as she faces playing to half-empty arenas
Jeremy Kyle Show viewers go wild as host is awkwardly shut down by Graham
Sheridan Smith shocked fans after FLASHING crowd on last show of her tour
Those watching at home took to Twitter to discuss the sad outcome, admitting it had left them in tears.
One person wrote: “#jeremykyle in tears about that last story on the show. such a heart breaking end that she lost him a few months after the show.”
Another commented: “Happy tears for the end of Jeremy Kyle finding her dad…then the credits came up, so so sad he passed away! Now I have sad tears #jeremykyle.”
While someone else tweeted: “Breaking my heart here. So much love for Marks family #JeremyKyle #MarkSinclair 1971. – 2018 – I’m so glad he met his Daughter RIP Mark.”
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- Jeremy Kyle fans slam ‘sick’ guest for threatening to ‘dig up’ ex-pal’s dead mum
- Jeremy Kyle viewers left disgusted after a guest gives her husband a sloppy snog – after it was revealed he HAD cheated on her
- Jeremy Kyle fans mock guest’s ‘comedy’ eyebrows as she admits cheating on her boyfriend FOUR times
- Emmerdale turns into Jeremy Kyle as Dan opens shocking DNA test results
- Most ridiculous ever Jeremy Kyle entrance leads to cringe host learning to dab
- Jeremy Kyle cringes as guest proposes to girlfriend in front of wife he is STILL married to – and the ring doesn’t even fit
- Jeremy Kyle Show viewers gobsmacked as woman, 21, reveals there are six potential fathers of her baby
- Dad cries with joy as he is finally reunited with his long-lost son after 24 years
- Family reunited with lost dog found 4 years later in Ohio
- Lansing family reunited with lost dog found 4 years later in Toledo