In a statement posted on her website Wednesday, Jenni “JWoww” Farley alleged that Roger Mathews fed pizza to their son, who’s allergic to gluten and dairy
Jenni "JWoww" Farley is speaking out against her estranged husband, she says, for the sake of her children.
In an impassioned statement published to her website on Wednesday, the Jersey Shore: Family Vacation reality star alleged that on top of exhibiting physical abuse toward her over the course of their relationship , her ex Roger Mathews has not given their two kids the proper care they need.
"I have spent the last few months trying to protect our children from public humiliation, because as parents, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT THEM," Farley, 32, began in reference to the former couple's son Greyson Valor , 2½, and daughter Meilani Alexandra , 4½.
She went on in the lengthy letter to reference an incident in which she alleged Mathews, 43, gave Greyson — who is "highly allergic to gluten and dairy," according to Farley — pizza.
"When I asked you about the food situation, you chose to berate me instead of acknowledging that Greyson's health is of paramount concern," Farley wrote. "How dare anyone question you about what Greyson eats during your parenting time? It's only our son's safety at issue. Apparently, all of his medical professionals are wrong and you know best above all of those who have thoroughly evaluated him."
When reached by PEOPLE, a rep for Mathews had no comment.
Want all the latest pregnancy and birth announcements, plus celebrity mom blogs? Click here to get those and more in the PEOPLE Parents newsletter .
Farley accused Mathews of neglecting their children's health on multiple occasions, recalling an incident where he allegedly didn't let a therapist into the house for Greyson's scheduled appointment the previous week "even though she stood there knocking and ringing the bell for 30 minutes in the freezing cold."
"She showed up on the most arctic day of the year to provide care for Greyson and you again ignored the critical medical needs that he requires," wrote Farley of their son who, aside from his dairy and gluten allergies, has autism .
Farley also alleged that her ex has used social media to present a false sense of who he is as a person and a father and shared a handful of startling clips, including one of a man who appeared to be Mathews shoving a woman, presumably Farley, to the ground in the kitchen of a home.
RELATED VIDEO: Jenni Farley's Ex Charged with Extortion After Allegedly Threatening to Sell Stories About Her
Farley continued by referring to her ex as "manipulative" and "irresponsible," traits that meant their "children are the ones who suffer as a result." One example, she alleged, was that he "rejected taking Meilani for an overnight because it meant spending $20 to $40 for a morning babysitter because you wanted to prove a 'lifestyle' (and you were unable to care for her because of your work schedule)."
"You had an opportunity to have time with our daughter and refused the overnight over a few dollars because you were trying to build a child-support case," Farley wrote. "The $20 to $40 savings to you was more important than the overnight time with Meilani."
"Unfortunately, this is only a small sampling in the last couple of weeks of 'Roger Reality on IG,' " Farley wrote elsewhere in her statement. "A praiseworthy father? You need to look out for the best interests of our children , Roger. The children are the only priority. You actions have and continue to place the children in harm's way."
"Stop, pause and have a true reality check," she continued to address Mathews. "You hurt the children and you hurt me. When will it end?"
After nearly three years of marriage, Farley filed for divorce from Mathews on Sept. 12, according to New Jersey's Asbury Park Press . Hours after news of the divorce filing broke, Mathews shared an emotional video on social media , swearing that he was "not done fighting" for his marriage.
"I'm gonna win my wife back; I'm gonna win her affection back ; I'm gonna win her love back," he said in the clip. "I have no intentions of being a single dad."
After their split, the two were photographed together celebrating their wedding anniversary in October and, weeks earlier, reuniting to take daughter Meilani and a friend to a Disney Junior Dance Party on Tour show.
In December, Farley filed a restraining order against Mathews after an argument in which the father of two alleged his estranged wife was "hysterically shouting" at him and threatened to call the cops while they were fighting about her going back to work.
Two weeks after Farley filed for divorce, a source told PEOPLE the split came as a surprise as the duo "always seemed very stable and very much in love" up until that point.
"Roger was always supporting her at events, nights out or any place she needed to be," the insider said. "I always thought he was a good partner for her — much better than the guy she dated before him."
"I don't think she will find anyone who's more devoted to her than Roger is," added the source. "You can see how much he loves his kids and what a good father he is . Hopefully they work out their differences."
Mathews has not yet responded to Farley's allegations.
- Jenni 'JWoww' Farley's Ex-Husband Roger Mathews Slammed for Kids Smoking Fake Cigarettes With Their Halloween Costumes
- 'Jersey Shore' Star Jenni 'JWoww' Farley's Divorce From Roger Mathews Official
- 'Jersey Shore' Star Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Admits Roger Mathews Had 'Nervous Breakdown' Over Son's Autism Diagnosis
- 'Jersey Shore' Star Jenni 'JWoww' Farley's Ex Roger Mathews Records Video Rant in Police Cruiser After Fight Leading to Restraining Order
- Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Reveals 'Ultimate Betrayal' in Divorce by Ex-Husband Roger Mathews
- Jenni 'JWoww' Farley's Ex Roger Mathews Speaks out After Finalizing Divorce From 'Jersey Shore' Star
- Roger Mathews' 911 Call About 'Jersey Shore' Star JWoww Reveals New Altercation Details
- VMAs 2019: JWoww Makes Rare Red Carpet Appearance With New Boyfriend Zack Clayton Carpinello
- REVEALED: The heartbreaking texts and letter which allegedly detail how Jim Carrey infected tragic lover with THREE STDs, tried to deny it, then labelled her a 'whore' and 'ungrateful b****' before she took her life
- Meghan King Edmonds Breaks Her Silence on Husband Jim Edmond's Cheating Scandal
- Matt Lauer Is A Giant Piece of Sh*t But The Rape Allegations Don’t Add Up
- 'Misogynist' Duterte slammed over sexual harassment law
- Most Dramatic Celebrity Breakups of 2018
- ‘Narcissistic’ mum drowned twins after losing ‘perfect’ life in Qatar
- Jenelle Evans 'wants full custody' of daughter Ensley... as former Teen Mom star filed divorce paperwork to end her marriage to David Eason
- David Eason breaks his silence to call Jenelle Evans 'stupid' after Teen Mom star ends their marriage
- Andrew Wakefield: autism inc
- Rewards for the High Priest of MMR hysteria: Ex-doctor Andrew Wakefield was struck off after his 'science' was debunked - but now he has a millionaire lifestyle with supermodel Elle Macpherson and STILL preaches his dangerous gospel
- UK knife crime: The first 100 fatal stabbings of 2019
- The brutal cost Sam and Phoebe Burgess’ marriage break-up
Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Slams Estranged Husband Roger's Alleged Parenting: 'You Hurt the Children' have 1377 words, post on people.com at January 31, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.