The start of this season was unacceptable for Manchester United. Their worst opening to a campaign for nearly three decades caused fan anguish and managerial upheaval, which felt an appropriate response for a team with expectations to compete at the top. Imagine, as a Liverpool fan might, if that poor run of form continued for two decades. You’ve just imagined the New York Knicks. The Knicks, who trade Madison Square Garden for London’s O2 for their game against the Washington Wizards on Thursday, are the most valuable franchise in the NBA, valued at $3.6bn. They place seventh on Forbes’ 2018 list of all teams alongside United, Real Madrid and the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys. Of the 10 teams on that list the Knicks hold a rather less desirable top spot, as the team with the longest wait for a title – a drought that stretches back almost 46 years. Their record since their 1973 title-winning team is not much to shout about either. They have appeared in the NBA Finals just twice, most recently 20 years ago. Since then they haven’t even come close: the team has only reached the play-offs six times in the last two decades, and not for almost six years. The top eight teams… Read full this story
- New York Knicks coaching search: Ranking top 5 candidates from Budenholzer to Larrañaga
- New York Knicks coaching search: Where it stands
- New York Knicks reportedly contact Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson in head coaching search
- Former New York Knicks Player Charles Oakley Arrested After Altercation at Madison Square Garden
- New York Knicks coaching search: Could the finalists be coming into view?
- Kristaps Porzingis remains focused on recovery as New York Knicks enter uncertain future
- Sources: Leonard still not cleared by his doctors, advised to stay in New York
- New York Today: Spring Comes to the City. For Real This Time.
- The best ramen in New York City that you can get delivered
- NFL Draft 2018: New York Jets select quarterback Sam Darnold with No. 3 pick
How do the New York Knicks remain the most valuable NBA team despite a miserable last 20 years? have 326 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at January 17, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.