Divorce Day traditionally sees a spike in couples seeking to end their marriage but Home-Start Arun, Worthing and Adur is stepping in to ensure the children affected ‘bounce back’. The family support charity has a team of volunteers who help parents through difficult times, and the post-Christmas period is one of the most challenging. It is said 25% more couples see seek legal support to separate on the first Monday after the Christmas holidays, known as Divorce Day, than at any other time of the year.Gurpreet Singh, a Relate relationship counsellor, explained: “Christmas is a stressful time. Arguments might start with the dishes but can escalate to ‘you never listen to me’.”Home-Start says young children can find it bewildering and upsetting. They may experience the loss of the parent who moves out of the family home keenly, at the same time as living with a stressed and worried single parent. The charity’s volunteers can help children and their parents bounce back from family breakdown and change. With the anticipated rise in the number of families seeking help after Christmas, more support is always needed.Charlotte Simmons, senior organiser, said: “Children do bounce back from change and setbacks with support and care…. Read full this story
- Newmark Homes starts Austin division
- Revealed: How Earl of Snowdon and Countess wife's multi-million pound divorce could see battle over his £10m Kensington townhouse and villa in Provence
- Michael Clarke And Wife Confirm Divorce After Seven-Year Marriage
- Dr. Nicole Saphier: Do I really need to walk 10,000 steps a day?
- Walking 10,000 steps each day won't aid with weight loss, study suggests
- Walking 10,000 steps a day is not a ‘magical formula’ for preventing weight gain, study reveals
- Scott Disick Lists Hidden Hills Home He Completely Transformed for $6.9 Million — See Inside!
- Britons stuck on 'coronavirus cruise' will finally be airlifted home on FRIDAY says the Foreign Office... days after other countries rescued their passengers from 'bungled breeding ground'
- Massachusetts Sees More Marriages, Fewer Divorces: Census
- Best projectors 2020: the home cinema projectors worth buying
Home-Start Arun, Worthing and Adur steps in as Divorce Day sees spike in marriage problems have 342 words, post on www.bognor.co.uk at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.