No matter how much physical harm or mental trauma they may endure, there are just certain characters on Gotham that we view as being “safe.” When it comes to the likes of Bruce Wayne, Jim Gordon, Penguin and Riddler, it’s fair to say none of those guys listed will be killed off at any point.
Still, the producers aren’t afraid to throw in some surprises, as both Professor Pyg and Ra’s a Ghul actually met their respective ends back in season 4. Not only that, but we can’t be too sure if Jeremiah won’t be the second Valeska to bite the dust, with someone we’ve yet to meet going on to become the true Joker.
Taking all that into account, I was still shocked to see Penguin murder Tabitha Galavan during last night’s season premiere. Granted, her iteration of Tigress isn’t all that important to the overall Batman mythos, but she’s been a staple of the show since its sophomore year. Then again, actress Jessica Lucas had been absent from recent promo material, so we should’ve seen this coming.
MORE FROM THE WEB
Long story short, the big moment came during a confrontation in a warehouse involving four factions: the GCPD, Penguin and his goons, Barbara Kean and those loyal to the Sirens, and a new gang in town called the Low Boyz. Once Tabitha got up close and personal with Oswald Cobblepot, it became apparent she was there on a suicide mission and wanted revenge on her nemesis for killing Butch Gilzean.
Most unfortunate for Tabby, her gun jammed and Penguin then proceeded to stab her in the heart with a knife. Thus, their deadly tango has finally come to an end, with Barbara now swearing vengeance on the self-proclaimed “King of Gotham.”
We hardly knew ye…
For a sample of what’s to come, be sure to check out the synopsis for next week’s episode, “Tresspassers“:
Gordon and Bullock (Donal Logue) investigate a location where several kids have been kidnapped. Barbara (Erin Richards) proves to be an unlikely ally to Gordon. Meanwhile, Bruce looks into an alleged witch with healing powers for Selina (Camren Bicondova), and Nygma (Cory Michael Smith) deals with demons of his own.
Gotham airs on Thursday nights on Fox.
- How to celebrate the ‘Game of Thrones’ final season premiere in Boston
- Some 'Game of Thrones' fans were outraged after HBO and Hulu outages prevented them from watching the season premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8: Every Betrayal Before HBO Show Final Season Premiere
- Local comedian Jimmy Tingle lands a cameo role on the season premiere of ‘Veep’
- 4 places to watch the Games of Thrones final season premiere in San Antonio Sunday
- 'Game of Thrones' season premiere shatters HBO ratings records
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Oreos are coming ahead of season premiere
- Season premiere of 'The Trump Show' could get highest ratings ever
- Game of Thrones Oreos: Where to find them before final season premiere
- Actress Kate del Castillo attends telenovela ‘La Reina del Sur’ season premiere event