Back in April of 2018, Donald Trump’s administration very quietly and unceremoniously changed the definition of domestic violence, and it’s not clear why. Under President Obama, domestic violence was defined “as a pattern of abusive behavior in any relationship that is used by one partner to gain or maintain power and control over another intimate partner.” According to the Department of Justice, “Domestic violence can be physical, sexual, emotional, economic, or psychological actions or threats of actions that influence another person. This includes any behaviors that intimidate, manipulate, humiliate, isolate, frighten, terrorize, coerce, threaten, blame, hurt, injure, or wound someone.” Last year, the DOJ, then still headed by racist elf Jeff Sessions, reduced that expansive definition to a single short paragraph. Now, domestic violence is defined as “felony or misdemeanor crimes of violence committed by a current or former spouse or intimate partner of the victim” or someone with another specific relationship, such as sharing a child or cohabitating with the abused. The administration also altered the previous definition of sexual assault to be defined now as violations of federal, state, or Tribal law. This happened, again, in April of 2018, which Trump himself declared to be Sexual Assault Awareness Month…. Read full this story
- Federal Judge Strikes Down Jeff Sessions's Asylum Ban on Domestic Violence Victims
- Why is Donald Trump putting the Nato alliance in the firing line?
- US President Donald Trump demands more defence spending from Nato allies
- Donald Trump picks conservative Brett Kavanaugh as US Supreme Court nominee
- Australian government agreed to help Donald Trump investigate Mueller inquiry origins
- US President Donald Trump to rescind race guidelines in college admissions
- Sadiq Khan gives green light for giant Donald Trump ‘angry baby’ to fly over Parliament during President’s UK visit
- JK Rowling trolls Donald Trump over 'pour' spelling
- 'As an American in Britain, I couldn’t be happier that Donald Trump is visiting the UK next week'
- Here are five things to look out for this week during Donald Trump’s UK visit
Donald Trump’s Administration Changed the Definition of Domestic Violence When No One Was Looking have 328 words, post on www.themarysue.com at January 23, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.