Mark Hicks The Detroit News Published 7:19 PM EDT Jul 16, 2019 A Detroit police officer has been charged with misconduct in office, the Wayne County prosecutor announced Tuesday. Investigators allege that while pulling over a 21-year-old driver near Woodward and Congress on July 2, 2018, Chancellor Dmitri Searcy told her to give him her phone number to avoid being ticketed. “After doing so, it is alleged that the victim received unwanted calls and texts from Officer Searcy,” the Prosecutor’s Office said in a statement. Authorities accuse Searcy of acting similarly during a traffic stop near Woodward and Jefferson on Aug. 14, 2018. The officer reportedly told a 29-year-old driver ”that she would go to jail, have her car impounded and receive a ticket unless” the woman gave Searcy her phone number, investigators said. After doing so, the victim received unwanted calls and texts from him, according to the release. Searcy is expected to be arraigned Aug. 17 in 36th District Court in Detroit on two counts of misconduct in office. Each count carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison. The Detroit resident has faced other legal troubles while on the job. In 2015, following a lengthy investigation, he and another city police officer were arrested and charged with embezzlement, larceny… Read full this story
- Detroit police: Department staffer has died from coronavirus
- Suspect And Police Officer Injured After Scuffle In Pleasant Hills
- Tributes Paid to 'Hero' Police Officer Killed in Missouri Gas Station Shootout
- First time video from a GUN-mounted camera is used as evidence to convict accused pedophile who shot a police officer
- Ex-Police Officer Convicted of Murdering Unarmed Black Teen
- Retired police officer who thought he was 'God's gift to women' and had a career plagued by sex scandals is jailed for 15 years for murdering his wife after she asked 'do you love me?'
- Seven Police Officers Placed Under Quarantine After Woman With Coronavirus Spits at Them While Being Arrested in Spain
- Detroit police captain dies from COVID-19 complications
- Police Officers Won’t Be Charged in Death of Alton Sterling
- 2 plead guilty in 2015 killing of California police officer
Detroit police officer charged with misconduct have 350 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at January 13, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.