Even as “Glass” is expected to surpass “Aquaman” at the top of the box office next week, another superhero-themed movie looms: “Captain Marvel.” But the third preview for Marvel’s adventure packs a bit less power than its predecessors — or some of this week’s other new teasers. ‘Captain Marvel’ (March 8) Marvel billed this 90-second ad, which premiered during the College Football Playoff championship game, as a “special look,” but much of the footage has already been seen in the film’s first two trailers. The new scenes feature banter about wardrobe between Brie Larson’s titular superheroine and “Avengers” series staple Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). “Grunge is a good look for you,” he tells her — the film is set in 1995 — and she questions the wisdom of putting the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on a hat: “Does announcing your identity on clothing help with the covert part of your job?” It’s a good thing nobody goes to these movies for the dialogue. ‘Velvet Buzzsaw’ (Feb. 1) “Something truly goddamn strange is going on!” art gallery owner Jake Gyllenhaal declares in the mesmerizing trailer for this surreal satire. He’s not kidding: A dead artist’s works take on supernatural powers, devouring their… Read full this story
- Four forgotten MCU characters are returning for Captain Marvel
- Captain Marvel movie: Release date, cast, plot and rumors
- Who's Captain Marvel? More on the hero Brie Larson will play
- Captain Marvel is one of the most unique origin stories
- GE14: Amanah’s Mahfuz to face PAS’ ‘Captain Marvel’ in Pokok Sena?
- In praise of Sean Morrison, Cardiff City's captain marvel
- Watch Army captain surprise little sister at UAB graduation
- With Avengers: Infinity War, Marvel Finally Gave Us a Post-Credit Scene That Really Matters
- Avengers: Infinity War: What you need to know about the new Marvel movie
- 10 Years of Marvel Movie Hero Costumes, Ranked
‘Captain Marvel,’ ‘Little’ and the Week’s Most Interesting Trailers have 318 words, post on www.nytimes.com at January 11, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.