Jan. 2 (UPI) — A group of beach-goers came to the rescue of a shark that was dumped on a Philippines beach by the occupants of a fishing boat. Nigg Arguila said he and his family were preparing to swim on a beach in Dumaguete City on Christmas Eve when they spotted the nearby fishing boat toss the exhausted thresher shark into the water. The shark, which still had a metal hook attached, was too tired to avoid being trapped in the shallow waters, Arguila said. ”It was still alive, but obviously exhausted. People kept saying to wait for the police but in this situation, every second counts. I immediately jumped in and attempted to remove the hook,” he said. A video recorded by a witness shows Arguila and helpers removing the metal hook and helping the shark reach deeper waters. ”Thankfully, someone handed me over pliers and made it easier for me to remove the hook. Thanks to the brave lady who helped me,” Arguila said.
- Durterte Calls for Calm over Chinese Sinking of Fishing Boat
- Family of man who drowned when fishing boat capsized seeks $10 million
- Duterte calls for calm over Chinese sinking of fishing boat
- Coast Guard rescues 37 people from boat off Central America
- The 50 best beaches in the world
- Terrifying Viral Video Shows Shark Circling Woman Swimming Serenely Off Florida Beach As Frantic Onlookers Shout 'Shark!'
- France on holiday: a day at the beach in Sanary-sur-Mer
- These were 50 top rated beaches in the world in 2019: How many have you visited?
- 17 fishermen rescued from sinking boat off Kanyakumari coast
- Thousands Of ‘Penis Fish’ Stranded At Drakes Beach Following Storms
Beach visitors rescue shark dumped by fishing boat have 275 words, post on www.upi.com at January 2, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.