From the peaks of Montenegro and Macedonia to the mountains of Bosnia and Romania and the underrated Sharr Mountains in Kosovo, the Balkans offer many alternatives to Europe’s costly and better-known Alpine ski reports. Some of these destinations are not for the faint-hearted, but still offer a reward for adventurous tourists in search of wild landscapes and fascinating history. Others, although small and compact, are surprisingly well equipped and are deemed hidden gems by connoisseurs. Bosnia – Home to Three ‘Olympic’ Mountains Jahorina. Photo: Wikipedia/VuleM Bosnia’s three “Olympic” mountains, Jahorina, Bjelasnica and Igman, are ready to welcome tourists in 2019 – some of whom who might want to re-live memories of the 1984 Sarajevo Winter Olympics. The three ski resorts have over time turned into the backbone of winter tourism in Bosnia. Jahorina was listed among the top 10 best small and affordable ski resorts in Europe in 2018 by the UK Guardian. The authorities are trying to improve the infrastructure in the region by building a 10-million-euro gondola at Jahorina and at the nearby Ravna Planina ski centre on Mount Vlasic, also known as “Bosnia’s Kitzbuhel”, in homage to the fashionable Tyrolean resort near Innsbruck. Starting the 2019 season,… Read full this story
- Best Christmas decorations for 2020 to get your home ready for the festive season
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Everything we know about the Disney+ series
- Men’s style and grooming: Get winter ready
- Ariel Winter goes punk chic in head-to-toe black as she picks up flowers from the grocery store during outing with boyfriend Luke Benward
- Kate Hudson flashes her toned tummy as she presents her winter collection from Fabletics: 'Bring it on, chilly weather!'
- Grand National runners 2019: horse-by-horse betting guide
- How a BLANKET is set to be your ultimate winter wardrobe staple: With months of outdoor socialising ahead, Femail reveals 8 ways to wear the unlikely accessory for maximum style and warmth
- New challenges in US battle against Covid-19 come with the approaching fall season
- The 10 best kids’ Christmas movies to watch this festive season – from The Grinch to Elf
- Winter wave of Covid-19 'could overwhelm 87% of NHS hospitals' as they struggle to cope with normal seasonal pressures as well as the pandemic, analysis warns
Balkan Winter Wonderlands Ready for 2019 Season have 359 words, post on balkaninsight.com at January 11, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.