City Hall withheld nearly two dozen e-mails that show Mayor de Blasio had a much cozier relationship with Jona Rechnitz than he has admitted — even telling the crooked developer to reach out “anytime I can help,” The Post has learned. De Blasio was corresponding with Rechnitz for more than two years, from late in his first campaign in October 2013 through February 2016, despite the mayor’s April 2016 claim that he and the admitted briber were “not particularly close,” the previously undisclosed e-mails show. “Jona, really enjoyed our mtg,” de Blasio wrote on Oct. 4, 2013, following receipt of $36,700 in cash Rechnitz had collected for him. “Call upon me anytime I can help. And thanks for your extraordinary assistance for my cause — means a lot to me.” Other e-mails obtained by The Post show de Blasio calling Rechnitz “my friend,” “brother” and “a mensch” — Yiddish for “a person of integrity and honor.” One even reveals that he told Rechnitz to keep their communications discreet. “And always stay in touch, but please do via this email or via cell rather than text,” de Blasio wrote from his personal e-mail account — [email protected] — on Oct. 2, 2014. “Much easier… Read full this story
- Experts: New Clinton State Dept. emails show donor ‘access,’ not ‘favors’
- Here Are Some of Your Congressional Intern Horror Stories
- Drug industry swims in Washington's swamp
- Obama, the puppeteer President: Like a socialist central planner, he picks winners & losers at will
- Fact check: The fiery final debate between Trump and Clinton
- Cuomo Suspended Investigation Just Days After Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Gave Him $25,000
Undisclosed de Blasio emails show cozy relationship with corrupt donor have 257 words, post on nypost.com at December 18, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.