Disclaimer: I have not seen every movie released in 2018, as such an undertaking would be next to impossible (there were 724 feature films released in North America last year, and, factoring in Netflix’s every-growing deluge of content, many more this time around). Having taken in hundreds of films over the past year, however, I can say, with reasonable confidence, that it’s been a truly impressive one. And we sure as shit needed the distraction(s) from our Twitter-mad president and the daily chaos of his administration. In whittling this list down to 20, there were some impressive films that narrowly missed the cut. Pawel Pawlikowski’s Cold War offered seductive black-and-white photography; A Bread Factory was an under-the-radar gem, radiating with realism; the final shot of Jennifer Fox’s debut The Tale lingered with me for days; Mission: Impossible – Fallout is one of the best action flicks ever to be toplined by the face of a dangerous cult; and kudos to Can You Ever Forgive Me? for getting the very best out of Melissa McCarthy and Richard E. Grant, the dynamic duo we never knew we needed. With that said, here are the top 20 movies of 2018. 20. LEAVE NO… Read full this story
- The 20 Best Movies of 2017: Wonder Women, Racial Disharmony, and Daniel Day-Lewis’ Final Bow
- Lady Gaga channeled her early pop star days to portray Ally in
- Lady Gaga Debuts Wild Pink Hair and Face Changes in New Instagram Posts
- Lady Gaga Brings Back 2000s Nostalgia With Stupid Love Music Video
- ‘X-Men’ Star Hugh Jackman’s Photo with Lady Gaga Has Fans Wanting Her as Dazzler
- Power Rangers Fans Are All In on Lady Gaga's Ranger Inspired Stupid Love Video
- Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson Parody Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's "Shallow"
- Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper tease potential 'unorthodox' performance of 'Shallow' at Oscars
- Lady Gaga to perform at the Grammys for fifth year in a row
- Bradley Cooper joins Lady Gaga for surprise performance of ‘Shallow’ in Las Vegas
The 20 Best Movies of 2018: Superheroes, Stalin, and Lady Gaga have 324 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at December 30, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.