John Boyega took a break from filming Star Wars 9 to go to Disneyland. However, he was jokingly arrested by some Stormtroopers and co-star Mark Hamill had something to say about his “son’s” behavior. Hamill and Boyega have playfully referred to each other as father and son on social media since the release of 2015’s The Force Awakens and it looks like Hamill is more than happy to play the role of Boyega’s father, even when he gets into some hot water at Disneyland Paris.
John Boyega posted a video of himself getting “arrested” on his Instagram story. He can be heard saying, “They’re arresting me right now… I get arrested? Damn!” with a big smile on his face. You can also hear one of the Stormtroopers say, “The fugitive is in custody.” Obviously, they’re all just having some fun at the theme park. Boyega later joked that the situation was “messed up” on social media and Mark Hamill replied by noting, “Seems like YOU messed up, son.”
Mark Hamill has been branching out of the Star Wars universe on social media. He and pop star Ariana Grande traded compliments, which ended up blowing a lot of people’s minds. Grande was just excited that Hamill knew who she was and had nice things to say about her, while Hamill felt the same way. But, when it comes down to it, Star Wars dominates his feed and his interviews. Over the years, Hamill has gotten a lot more comfortable about starring in one of the biggest movie franchises in cinematic history and having to talk about it a lot. For some, he’ll always and only be Luke Skywalker.
Luke died at the end of The Last Jedi, which wasn’t exactly what fans wanted from the movie. However, Mark Hamill is returning for Star Wars 9, though we don’t know how he’s coming back. The popular theory amongst fans is that he’ll be back as a Force Ghost, or even possibly through a flashback. J.J. Abrams is keeping all of the details under wraps and fans are hoping for an epic closure to the latest trilogy that he started back in 2015 with The Force Awakens.
We’re now just barely under a year away from Star Wars 9 hitting theaters, which means that some promotional material should be on the way in the near future. There have been whispers of a possible trailer dropping on Christmas day, but that has not been officially confirmed and seems unlikely at this time. With that being said, the wait can’t be too much longer and it’s going to be very interesting to see how hardcore fans react to the first footage after the incredible backlash from Rian Johnson’s The Last Jedi. Regardless, it’s going to be exciting and while we wait, you can check out a father’s reaction to his son’s arrest below, thanks to Mark Hamill’s Twitter account.
- How ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ and ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ shatter fan expectations to be the riskiest movies in their franchises
- Mark Hamill defends Kelly Marie Tran after online harassment and calls out ‘Star Wars’ fans
- Mark Hamill shares screen test with Harrison Ford for first Star Wars movie: 'Neither 1 of us had read the script at this point, only this 1 scene'
- Mark Hamill plays forceful character in Knightfall
- Luke Skywalker's lightsaber to light up 'Star Wars' props auction
- Mark Hamill jumps for joy after being surprised with Icon Award at Comic-Con International panel in San Diego
- Disney reveals new Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker poster as director J.J. Abrams confirms the late Carrie Fisher will appear as Leia
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: 12 things to know
- Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker -- final trailer, release date, plot, cast and rumors
- Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker releases early footage as Rey wields a double red lightsaber and Darth Vader's presence is felt