Steve Lieberman Rockland/Westchester Journal News Published 11:05 AM EST Dec 31, 2018 KASER – Bernard Rosenfeld, the village’s mayor since its founding in 1990, died this morning at the age of 71. Rosenfeld’s funeral is scheduled for just after 11 a.m. at the Hasidic Jewish community’s main synagogue on Phyllis Terrace, off Route 306 in the Ramapo community. Rosenfeld will be buried immediately after the service in the Viznitz Cemetery on Brick Church Road. His friends and colleagues recalled Rosenfeld for his community work and dedication to his religious beliefs and Kaser’s residents. Members of the Viznitz Hasidic Jewish sect comprise the village. “He was a person who dedicated his life for the community — both the village and congregation,” said Shlomo Koenig, a former village deputy mayor. “He spent his whole life trying to help other people. He will be missed a lot.” New Square Mayor Israel Spitzer called Rosenfeld a mentor. “We’re all very broken with this loss,” Spitzer said. “He was a very very genuine, honest, good person. His whole life was community work, giving of himself to others.” Spitzer became mayor after Mats Friesel died. Friesel had been the Hasidic Skver Jewish community’s only mayor starting in 1961. “I learned… Read full this story
- Donald Trump once stuck his face into Rudy Giuliani's chest for a drag-queen comedy skit — and the video refuses to die
- Former California governor George Deukmejian dies at 89
- 10 Female Fighters Who Should Be In The Switch Super Smash Bros.
- Palantir has secretly been using New Orleans to test its predictive policing technology
- IEEE Spectrum: The Greatest Hits
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is setting the standard for becoming a tech hub
- China, India grapple with the consequences too many men
- Police reveal details of slain Temple student's final moments
- Tapping Rocks for Power
- The invention of Essex: how a county became a caricature
Bernard Rosenfeld, Kaser's only mayor in its history, dies have 299 words, post on eu.app.com at December 31, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.