Paedophile Russell Bishop has been found guilty of the Babes in the Wood murders more than 30 years after a bungled police and forensic operation saw him walk free from court. The 52 year-old was finally convicted of the sexually motivated murders of nine-year-olds Karen Hadaway and Nicola Fellows, who were strangled to death in October 1986. The families of the two girls cheered members of the jury as the verdict was handed down at the Old Bailey on the anniversary of his original acquittal. Bishop was not in court having refused to leave his cell and attend. He will be sentenced on Tuesday. Bishop was initially charged with shocking crimes in 1987, but was cleared by a jury at Lewes Crown Court after a catalogue of forensic mistakes torpedoed the prosecution case. Tragically, three years later, when Bishop should have been languishing in prison, he struck again, attacking a seven-year-old in almost identical circumstances. After grabbing the youngster off the street, Bishop bundled her into his car, took her to a secluded spot where he strangled her before sexually assaulting her and dumping her naked in some woods. But she survived and was able to identify Bishop who was subsequently jailed for life…. Read full this story
- Inside the grisly sex murder of schoolgirl Melanie Road, 17, which sparked 32-YEAR manhunt for ‘family man’ killer
- The REAL story of the Pembrokeshire Murders: From the killer who appeared on Bullseye and his wife so terrified of him she died from a heart attack - to the detective who caught him after 30 years thanks to bloodstained shorts
- Texas man, 32, pleads guilty to helping his father avoid arrest for more than a DECADE after he 'shot dead his daughters, 17 and 18, in so-called honor killings for dating non-Muslims'
- 'This is NOT justice': Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor slams Trump administration's federal execution 'spree' as convicted killer Dustin Higgs becomes the 13th put to death since July
- Pembrokeshire Murders - real story behind crime spree as ITV lifts lid on investigation
- Des is ITV's biggest drama launch of the year as 5.4 million viewers tune in to watch David Tennant's harrowing portrayal of brutal serial killer
- PC Andrew Harper's killers' sentences will not be increased as appeal dismissed
- Death row executions: From sick ‘womb-raider” Lisa Montgomery to Dustin Higgs who didn’t pull trigger in triple murder
- 'It's so graphic I had to turn it off': Gruesome Netflix documentary about Night Stalker serial killer Robert Ramirez horrifies viewers with gory crime scene photos of his victims' bloodied bodies
- EXCLUSIVE: Katie Price's fans claim she and boyfriend Carl Woods have breached car regulations as her son Jett, 7, appears without a child seat or safety belt in social media clip
Babes in the Wood murders: after the police blunders and killer's deceit, how justice caught up with Russell Bishop, 32 years on have 439 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at December 9, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.