Discussion among the rugby faithful last week is really only intensifying the pressure on Rugby Australia to make some tough decisions around the Wallabies coaching set-up. But the handling of the whole Jake White phone hook-up last week also showed that RA has a few more debacles up its sleeve yet. That White got in touch with Rugby Australia and flagged his interest in returning to international coaching via the Wallabies should have surprised no-one. That news of RA’s interest in speaking with White and scheduling a phone call last week leaked to the media shouldn’t have surprised anyone either. But RA then cancelling the chat *because* the news found its way to the media made absolutely no sense at all. I initially thought that word of the White call leaking might have originated from RA themselves, even thinking that maybe this was their way of very publicly telling Michael Cheika that his roadmap ahead to the Rugby World Cup was going to have to be not just bloody good, but also very well presented to the board on December 10. “There are potentially other options out there, Michael, and we’re going to make a few enquiries.” RA hanging up… Read full this story
- Rugby Australia takes high-risk gamble with World Cup squad
- Turn off your dishwasher and washing machine NOW: Australians are urged to switch off their appliances to avoid power outages as temperatures rise
- Kind Couple Turns In Load Of Cash To Quincy Police
- Major League Rugby: New York and Toronto expand reach in season two
- Caroline Flack EXCLUSIVE: Love Island star has turned down ITV's offer of aftercare during 'really rough time' as pal Laura Whitmore is CONFIRMED as her replacement
- Rugby union: talking points from the weekend's Premiership action
- Australian comedian Hannah Gadsby beats rivals Adam Sandler, Beyoncé and Amy Schumer as she's awarded her first Emmy Award for Nanette
- Cricket-Bushfires place Australian cricket summer under cloud
- Cancer Council calls for Australian review amid Roundup cancer concerns
- Could a humble American Hamburger hold the secret to saving Australian baseball?
Australian rugby can turn this corner, but only if it wants to have 336 words, post on www.theroar.com.au at December 4, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.