Hot dog: You’re the owner of a Google Home smart speaker. With Google Assistant inside and conversational AI, these speakers can do a great range of things. Here’s 10 worth trying, drawn from VentureBeat coverage over the course of the past year. For extra tips, check out last year’s list of 10 things worth trying with a Home smart speaker, and this Home Hub-specific article for the owners of the new smart display. Setting up the basics Before getting into the more dynamic features Google Assistant provides through Home smart speakers, start with the most popular ways people use speakers with intelligent assistants. So download the Home app, set your location, and ask about the weather forecast. Connect your Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, or other streaming services you like and play some music. Connect your calendar and say “OK, Google, create a new event.” In the app you’ll also find Voice Match, the service that recognizes up to 6 unique voices in a household. Voice Match makes it possible for Google Home to deliver the right answers when you say “What’s on my to-do list?” or “What’s on my calendar today?” It’s also a prerequisite for all users under 13 to… Read full this story
- Google Home review: Google puts its A.I. on a nightstand for the win
- Face-Off! Amazon Echo vs Google Home
- Google Unveils Squeezable Pixel 2, Google Home Mini, Amazing Pixel Buds
- Second-gen Nvidia Shield TV hands-on: All the new killer features Nvidia didn't talk about
- Amazon Echo: The smart person's guide
- Video: Top 5 things to know about Amazon Alexa
- Microsoft Cortana: The smart person's guide
- Google Pixel C review: A killer Android tablet with an unfullfilled productivity mission
- IFTTT vs. Stringify: Which is the best service to connect all your smart-home devices?
- iOS 10 Music: All the New Features and How to Use Them
10 things to try with your new Google Home smart speaker have 301 words, post on venturebeat.com at December 25, 2018. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.